Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

lambourgini gallardo

Options
  • 20-06-2005 10:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭

just got timenow to put it up.this car is a beauty,seen a 20-25 year old drive it in town.its his own car not his dads.he lives in foxrock somewhere as my mate knows him.I WANT ONE:mad: the noise was amzing

guys what do u think of this car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Ah the aul' orange Lambo. There's already been a thread on this, but it's a serious piece of sex (the car).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

He must be sick of people pointing phones at him at this point.

EDIT: on second thoughts you don't buy a gallardo in fanta orange if you don't like people staring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

impr0v wrote:
    EDIT: on second thoughts you don't buy a gallardo in fanta orange if you don't like people staring.

or give the use of it for awards ceremonies outside the point with lorraine keane in a matching colour outfit sprawled across the front of it for our viewing pleasure! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

Seems he got it for his 21st birthday. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

there certainly are some spoilt f*ckers going round

• Advertisement

ando wrote:
    there certainly are some spoilt f*ckers going round

now now ando, im sure he earned it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Ye seen this car on Georges street a while back, passed it out on a moped i was driving at the time. And then I wouldn't let him past, ah quality some bus driver was pi**ing himself laughing away. But the width of the car is something else, and there was some noise out of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I have to say without a note of jealousy that I don't like the Gallardo and wouldn't buy one if I could afford it -- I'd prefer a 20 year old Countach for my money. It's half a Lamborghini and I hate that that Audi took them down the budget path. What next, a Lambo hatch?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

ciarsd wrote:
    lorraine keane in a matching colour outfit sprawled across the front of it for our viewing pleasure! :D

Lorraine GOBBY keane. Nice car she is one massif twat though. ...sake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭IrishRover

Yeah, I quite agree with you Dahamsta. The Countach is a much more beautiful car with so much more presence than this, no matter about how impractical it might be. That's kind of the point in a way.

For comparison:

1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

Lorraine Keane a **** with a tash.

Sorry

Lorraine GOBBY keane. Nice car she is one massif twat though. ...sake
    Lorraine Keane a **** with a tash.

Sorry

ehhh, think we get the point :eek:

anywhoo, back to topic. the choice of car is different depending on era you grew up I suppose..

c'mon who'd take a F50/F60/360 over an F40/testarossa :cool:

ciarsd wrote:
    anywhoo, back to topic. the choice of car is different depending on era you grew up I suppose..

c'mon who'd take a F50/F60/360 over an F40/testarossa :cool:

Me. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Gallardos are tiny. Cousin has one, sometimes its parked in here, and I was surprised how little 'presence' it had. Testarossa all the way for me...soon in fact...cant wait.

The Testarossa was cool in it's day, but it dated very quickly and these days it's just an expensive hairdresser's car when you get right down to it. But then I tend to think of Ferrari's as commoner's supercars, with only occasional dips into genius like the F40 and the Enzo.

Lamborghini all the way for me. Although I don't like the Gallardo. And I'd prefer a Diablo to a Murcielago. So I guess I'm moving more towards the Koenigsegg these days. It's the doors, the doors! :)

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

Can someone please correct the topic title from 'lambourgini' please, its embarrassing, what if sexy Lorraine was looking in.. :D

I'm not fond of the countach, looks abit dated and thrown together in a kitcar kinda fashion thesedays, hard to fault a black murcielago though, power power power ! wouldn't like to be putting tyres on the hoor though :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

I wonder is it Ross O'Carroll Kelly?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cond0r

dahamsta wrote:
    The Testarossa was cool in it's day, but it dated very quickly and these days it's just an expensive hairdresser's car when you get right down to it. But then I tend to think of Ferrari's as commoner's supercars, with only occasional dips into genius like the F40 and the Enzo.

Lamborghini all the way for me. Although I don't like the Gallardo. And I'd prefer a Diablo to a Murcielago. So I guess I'm moving more towards the Koenigsegg these days. It's the doors, the doors! :)

adam

I have to agree 100%. The Koenigsegg CCR is one awesome machine, I doubt we'll ever see one on these shores though. Going back to Lambos, I saw a gorgeous Diablo last summer, if I can find the photos later i'll put them up. Now they're two cars with road presence. :)

Speaking of Ferraris, anyone in Cork seen the kit F355? (I think it's F355 anyway, could easily be wrong.) I saw it when I was driving into Douglas Court Shopping Center and thought that it looked a bit odd - probably the engine note - and sure enough when it pulls up in front of me side-on the offside rear wheel looks supiciously inboard. I nearly cracked up laughing when I pulled in behind it though, honest to god they must be a good 9-12 inches inboard from the arches. It looks like it was built on a Micra chassis or something. :)

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭DukeDredd

Seen one in Cork alright Adam - but we pi$$ed ourselves laughing when we heard it & examined it a bit closer. Turned out to be a Toyota MR2 with the ferrari kit nailed on to it. I felt sorry for him...

• Advertisement

TBH I don't have anything against kit cars - only thing stopping me from building a '32 deuce is lack of garage space - and it would appear that the MR2 is the de facto donor car for the F355. I just think that if you're gonna do it, do it right, and wheels 9-12" inboard of the arches is just... so... wrong.

He probably isn't finished, but seriously, you don't take a car like that out of the garage until it's finished...

adam

Kersh wrote:
    Testarossa all the way for me...soon in fact...cant wait.

respect to you kersh! super :cool: car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

a lambo is a exclusive car, u will never ever see so many of these around anywhere in the world,whereas ferrari is common nowadays.

but anyway good luck to the guy if it was for his 21st birthday.
    or he must have robbed a bank as they are €295,000 over here.:eek:

Cheers ciarsd,
    Lambos (gallardos in particular) are getting a bit common over here now. New ones too dear for me, and old ones too unreliable and unwieldy to drive. Testarossa is a bit dated, but rarer than a gallardo over here I would say. And I grew up in the 80s......need I say anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Kersh wrote:
    Cheers ciarsd,
    Lambos (gallardos in particular) are getting a bit common over here now. New ones too dear for me, and old ones too unreliable and unwieldy to drive. Testarossa is a bit dated, but rarer than a gallardo over here I would say. And I grew up in the 80s......need I say anymore.

Can I have a go? :cool:
    When are you hoping to get it?

As soon as the last 2 cars I currently own are sold. A mint 308/328 might sway me a bit, or a good 512bbi ,but im pinned on a testarossa, and have been for over a year now. The only bit that will bug me is the 12,500 eu or thereabouts vrt for an 86 one. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the Koenigsegg CCR is amazing and the doors are the best bit.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

i'd prefer this

saleen_S7_2001.jpg

Saleen 7

i'd prefer this

Saleen 7

Think my heart just skipped a beat!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭Lord Nikon

But of course (in a thick french accent)

Advertisement