Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entries for worst BB non-provider of the year, anyone???

• 21-06-2005 9:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

Eircom gets my vote!

Anyone ever tried signing up for BB on €ircon's website?

And before you ask why the heck I would want to do that, well the 6 month contract was the puller for me, as I'm leaving the country and don't want to be tied to a 12 month contract, bla bla bla...

Anyhow, I've tried 2x to order online and will never try again... So no €ircon BB for me, lucky or what I dunno, but now as I've spent 2 months trying to get BB off of them...

The story so far:
    So, I order online,But hey sure due to the overwhelming demand, you'd expect €ircon to get back with a confirmatory email or something of the like, but no, one week goes by and not a blip, so I call them, after cancelling my previous bb a/c with a competitor... TO see how long it will take, they say 10 days, they say they see my order in the system, and a tech will have it inabled withing 10 days.

OK.

2 week wait, I call them again, and they say there is no record of any BB order... So they advise me to order again - still online, even though they admit to there being reports of errors ordering online.

So I order online, wait again 10 days, and I call them back, then the whole rigmarole again of "No sir, we do not have a record of your online order"...

At this stage, I eventually get the sales rep to agree with me that their website is a load of crap, and he admists too that I'm not the first to have this happen. And my guess is that this will go on and on, and never get resolved, by the looks of things.

So away with cutting edge technology - hardly, they advise now that the best way is to order by phone, you might just be lucky to get a sales rep who can spell your name, and type in your phone number correctly, etc. But then again you might not... looks like it's pure pot luck at Eircom, like a tombola, like "Let's see who we'll decide to give an Eircom broadband account to today, and yess you're lucky caller number 342,985, your order has been placed on our system, hooray!!!"

Any other similar stories highlighting the glaring incompetencies of our so called high-tech companies? I'm sure we could have a giggle!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

I ordered BB via the Eircom website too a few months ago. I was signing up for the free 2 month trial and I received an order number. After a few weeks I hadn't heard anything so I phoned their sales department to find out what was going on. They had no record of my application which was annoying. So I re-placed my order over the phone and got my router about 3 weeks later.

I've just moved address and signed up for the 6 month contract with them now. Will probably be the end of July before i'm online though as the offer starts from July 7th, and processing may take up to 3 weeks.

Hope it's worth the wait! 6 months for €180 is a good deal though I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

IBB gets my vote, why dont you add a poll bar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭✭Trampas

What about Smart??

Can anyone actually get BB off them.

My number was down for March/April. Now May/June and still no BB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭verdidnt

Trampas wrote:
    What about Smart??

Can anyone actually get BB off them.

My number was down for March/April. Now May/June and still no BB

Apparently they are serving 1,500 BB customers at the mo. Think there is another thread about this somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Ibb ripwave, well you get the modem and all, but you would be lucky to get a constant signal.
    When i had it just till last march, it would bounce from transmitter to another transmitter and it really was frustrating
    So i ended up getting BT bb, rather than that eircom crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Well, I had Esat BT 512k Broadband then swapped to Irish Brodband 1MB Breeze package and I have to say 6 months later, I think that was a big mistake.

BT: good customer service and good connection even though it was only 512k.
    IBB: worked for 4 months... Nothing for the past 2 months. All I want is a good connection for online gaming but with 20-25% packets lost and pings that go up to 700ms every 5 seconds it is impossible to play online... And that's with the 2MB symmetrical - 8:1 contention ratio - "Business Package" for over €80 EUR a month! :mad:

IMO: the award should go to IBB!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

I totally agree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Yook

Well, I had Esat BT 512k Broadband then swapped to Irish Brodband 1MB Breeze package and I have to say 6 months later, I think that was a big mistake.

BT: good customer service and good connection even though it was only 512k.
    IBB: worked for 4 months... Nothing for the past 2 months. All I want is a good connection for online gaming but with 20-25% packets lost and pings that go up to 700ms every 5 seconds it is impossible to play online... And that's with the 2MB symmetrical - 8:1 contention ratio - "Business Package" for over €80 EUR a month! :mad:

I'm with an internet provider in Co. Meath called Icecomms. Basically think of IBB with the same packet loss problems and ping times up as far as 1800ms, its also only 1meg down/512k up and costs 59euro a month.

My god these cowboys win.........hands down!

Advertisement