Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving.ie solicitors....good deal?

Options
  • 21-06-2005 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭

I am looking for a fixed rate solicitor, rather than a .5% or 1% option and have found moving.ie.

HERE

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, is the deal too good to be true? Any info would be a help.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

chabsey wrote:
    I am looking for a fixed rate solicitor, rather than a .5% or 1% option and have found moving.ie.

HERE

Was just wondering if anyone has any experience with them, is the deal too good to be true? Any info would be a help.

Cheers.
    €1 Legal Fees won't cover the cost of envelopes. The solicitor is presumably getting a fee from the mortgage provider, which I suggest compromises the impartiality of the solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Victor wrote:
    €1 Legal Fees won't cover the cost of envelopes. The solicitor is presumably getting a fee from the mortgage provider, which I suggest compromises the impartiality of the solicitor.

I think the fee is actually €895. I'm looking at the legal-only option. I also presume this doesn't cover land registration charges.....but I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

They are not the only ones. If you are a credit union member.. actually ignore that.. if you Claim you are a credit union member try www.homebuyhomesell.ie Fixed rate there too. All you do is call them, say you are a member.. give your location and they give you a phone number for a local solicitor who has a fixed rate. Extra fees like land registration etc is extra.

To be honest i think all solicitors are lazy when it comes to houses so get the cheapest you can as you could pay twice that and still have all the hassle. You might find you have to do all the chasing up that they SHOULD be doing yourself regardless of how much you pay. Unless maybe you know a solicitor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

First Credit Mortgages do it for €690 and for that your solicitor is Partners At Law - which would be one of the most reputable companies in Dublin Id say. They got me a much lower interest rate than any other broker could too. Ill try and find there num

Found it, its 284 5851

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

Thanks!

How did you get on with them?

Advertisement