Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opel Astra Radio Unlocking help needed

Options
  • 21-06-2005 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I need help unlocking the radio/cd player in an opel astra. It has an in-built cd-player/radio. I have the unlocking codes but i just can't figure out how to unlock the radio. The battery was changed last week so the code needs to be entered. I can't find the manual!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are there 6 buttons for preset radio stations?

When you turn on the radio do 4 blank lines appear in order for you to enter the code?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭MunkyHed

Ya there are 6 buttons for presets but it says 'safe' on the readout on top of the dash.

You need to hold down a button until those 4 spaces appear on the display. We just did this in our car about 2 weeks ago, and I can't rememer which button :)

Try the volume button, or some of the others.

Once you have those 4 lines up on the screen, press the No1 preset button. As you press it, the first digit on the display will start to cycle through the numbers 0-9. Keep going until you have the 1st digit of the code. Use the preset No2 button to set the 2nd digit and so on.

To enter the code, you need to press and hold another button. I'll ask the bf for you which one. I think you get 10 goes at this before the radio locks.

Thanks!

I think the button you need to hold down, at least on our radio, is "AS"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

all opel radios, with the ignition on, hold AS and turn the radio on. then when the 4 lines appear, enter the code using the 1,2,3,4 buttons. when entered hold the AS button again.

Sorted, thanks a million!

Advertisement