Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to be at u2 gig?

• 21-06-2005 11:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭

Any ideas on this one? They say doors are at 4 and it starts at 6. I can't imagine u2 being on till 8 or something. Anyone know what time they were on at the other gigs?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Depends if you have a sitting or a standing ticket, you can whatever time if you have a sitting ticket, but Im sure there will be people queing up from sun rise, as people were queing for a week just to get the ticket.

Should be a good gig, Im not keen on paddy Casey though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 212 ✭✭Skitbra

Yeah I've a standing ticket. I suppose I'll get there as soon as I can. But with work till 6. Hmmm. I've a monday ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭samo

Was wondering the same thing as I've to collect tix from the box office as well. Same situation with work etc for the Monday night and hoping the box office doesnt close as hoping to get there by 8pm (have seated tix though...) guess will hear back after the concerts the weekend....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Here are the times for the three Croke park gigs:

Gates open at 4
    First support at 6-6:30
    Second support 7-7:45
    U2 on 8:30-nearly 11
    Curfew for Croke park is 11

fjon wrote:
    Here are the times for the three Croke park gigs:

Gates open at 4
    First support at 6-6:30
    Second support 7-7:45
    U2 on 8:30-nearly 11
    Curfew for Croke park is 11

Ah nice one Fion - plenty of time to make the dash over from work Monday - just have to figure where to park now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

From the London show, I'd say U2 will finish up around 10:30... with the stadium empty for 11pm.
    I remember reading somewhere the box office closes an hour before the main act takes to the stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

whiskeyman wrote:
    I remember reading somewhere the box office closes an hour before the main act takes to the stage...
    Really? Usually they remain open a bit into the concert. They called me and offered to post them out today anyway, so happy days!

Didnt offer to post them to me when i rang them earlier ...ah well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Just make sure you go late enough to miss Paddy Casey.

samo wrote:
    Didnt offer to post them to me when i rang them earlier ...ah well :(

I take that back...rang ticketmaster again and they are now being posted :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

From the London show, I'd say U2 will finish up around 10:30... with the stadium empty for 11pm
    Nope U2 will finish just before eleven in Dublin.
    Second night in Manchester they finished at 10.59 for an 11pm curfew.
    They finished at 10.30 in Twickenham for a 10.30 curfew.
    Just shows how chereographed the current tour is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Planning on trying get in the pit for Fridays gig. If we get there for 7am do you think it would be guaranteed we'd get in?

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

What time does the Luas stop running? I'll be coming in from Nenagh and was going to park and get the Luas in from The Red Cow station. I won't be in Red Cow till 6 o clock I'd still have loads of time to make it to croker on time wouldn't I? My tickets are seated, Saturday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Cucullan wrote:
    What time does the Luas stop running?

12.30am will be the last one from connolly station...

Plan get the last luas after the Saturday gig myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

12.30am will be the last one from connolly station...

Plan get the last luas after the Saturday gig myself!
    How long would it take to walk from Croke Park to Connolly Station?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If we get there for 7am do you think it would be guaranteed we'd get in
    Will you get in the pit.Are you insane!
    You'll be in the first 100 people.
    If you are there by 2pm ,you will get in the pit ,maybe even 3pm.
    Cutoff point in Twickenham and Manchester was about 3.30pm .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Planning on trying get in the pit for Fridays gig. If we get there for 7am do you think it would be guaranteed we'd get in?

if youre good looking enough. ive heard that this actually comes into account if they are filming. hilarious or what....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

so whats the general consenus as to what time to start queueing, i was thinking about 12 o clock as i feel a lot of people going from dublin will only take a half day so if you can get there before lunch, there should be a good chance of getting into the pit, plus the pit holds 4000 out of a total capicity of 15/16,000 standing ticketholders so the odds of getting in are about 4 to 1, which isn't too bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

ive heard some crazy talk about them scanning random tickets for pit entrance anyone else heard anything about this??

ive heard some crazy talk about them scanning random tickets for pit entrance anyone else heard anything about this??
    that was only done on the US leg of the tour.
    It's first come - first served in Europe.
    I've heard it's led to dodge results... people queuing for ages, only for other gates to be opened up and others getting nearer first.
    I hopes its controlled well for Croker... should be there by 5pm myself and hoping to get a good spot :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭fjon

Updated times:

Friday June 24 Doors open 3.00pm
    The Radiators 6.15pm
    Snow Patrol 7.30pm
    U2 on stage 8.45pm

Saturday June 25 Doors open 3.00pm
    Support Act TBC 6.15pm (U2.com lists The Thrills)
    Paddy Casey 7.30pm
    U2 on stage 8.45 pm

Monday June 27 Doors open 3.00pm
    The Bravery 6.15pm
    Ash 7.30pm
    U2 on stage 8.45pm

And.....
    For all you complete obsessive fans out there, set your video to record RTE 2 from 9. The following will be on:

** An introduction by Gerry Ryan, including new and archive material of the band
    ** 'U2 - Brussels Backstage': a short film based on the launch of the European leg of the Vertigo tour
    ** 'U2 - The Show': tracing the history of the U2 live show, from Boy and Zoo TV to Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo.
    ** 'U2 - Covers': a look at some of the covers that have been made of U2 songs.
    ** 'U2 - Vertigo': band manager Paul McGuinness reveals the creative thinking behind the current tour
    ** 'U2 - The Walk on Tour': a humorous look at U2's Dublin through the eyes of John Keogh
    ** 'U2 - One': dedicated to this particular song and the three accompanying videos that were made
    ** 'U2 and I - Anton Corbijn': the band's resident photographer talks about his experiences with U2 over the last 23 years
    In addition to these programs, fans can expect to see loads of interviews, videos and footage of U2 live from Slane Castle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Are they serving booze inside Croker for the people on the pitch??

Are they serving booze inside Croker for the people on the pitch??
    good question.. anyone know???
    Or are the tents outside the stadium... like what Landsdown Rd do?

I hope to be there around 5pm... I hope I get a decent enough spot.
    The stage itself in being erected on Hill 16, to protect the pitch.
    This means the stage will be higher than normal.. so I guess it wont be great going too close... this should be better for those further back me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

are the photo cameras allowed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

Nothing on MCD or Ticketmaster about camera so I would say yes - always brought mine to concerts without problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

fjon wrote:
    And.....
    For all you complete obsessive fans out there, set your video to record RTE 2 from 9. The following will be on:

** An introduction by Gerry Ryan, including new and archive material of the band
    ** 'U2 - Brussels Backstage': a short film based on the launch of the European leg of the Vertigo tour
    ** 'U2 - The Show': tracing the history of the U2 live show, from Boy and Zoo TV to Popmart, Elevation and Vertigo.
    ** 'U2 - Covers': a look at some of the covers that have been made of U2 songs.
    ** 'U2 - Vertigo': band manager Paul McGuinness reveals the creative thinking behind the current tour
    ** 'U2 - The Walk on Tour': a humorous look at U2's Dublin through the eyes of John Keogh
    ** 'U2 - One': dedicated to this particular song and the three accompanying videos that were made
    ** 'U2 and I - Anton Corbijn': the band's resident photographer talks about his experiences with U2 over the last 23 years
    In addition to these programs, fans can expect to see loads of interviews, videos and footage of U2 live from Slane Castle.

Tomorrow night - Saturday 25th

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭krissrodriguez

DO NOT

* Park Illegally
    * Buy Tickets from unofficial sources
    * Bring umbrellas, flag poles, alcohol bottles or cans into the grounds. These will be confiscated at the ticket barriers
    * Rush the exits after the concert
    * Bring cameras or recording equipment into the grounds.

this is from the ticketmaster email.. I do not know if they talk about video cameras only or if they are against the photo cameras is well...

But what about the beer??!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

How does the P&R system operate in the red cow for the Luas?

• Advertisement

But what about the beer??!!
    yeah.. come one people!!
    I'm gonna be there at least an hour before an acts hits the stage.
    I'm gonna need beer to occupy myself damnit!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Spicy Lauren

Guys!!! Pressure is on!! I CANT WAIIIIIT!!!

WE'RE GOING TO SEE U2!!

Guys!!! Pressure is on!! I CANT WAIIIIIT!!!

WE'RE GOING TO SEE U2!!
    I KNOW!!! yyyyyaheeeyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!

In work and just dont wanna do anything... cant wait to get up to croker and soak up the buzz...(and the booze!).
    It's drizzling a bit, but that wont dampen the spirits.... a true irish homecoming for the lads ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

NOW .

The gates are open early !!!!!

Is there any beer in there!!???

They were selling beer there but you weren't allowed bring it onto the pitch which was a bit of a pain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

There was people queing for the pit on thursday night............. Did anyone get in?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Here's some pit piccies from Brussels , Was closer to the back of the GA for Dublin and its nice to take in the whole stage and visuals .

617426qu.th.jpg
    dsc002850zg.th.jpg
    dsc002869yz.th.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Think the time to head in is whenever Casey finishes his whining. Can't believe the Saturday night got so jipped on the support. Paddy Casey and The Thrills? WTF?

Advertisement