Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold Winter

Options
  • 21-06-2005 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Bought this game on sunday and have been unable to put it down since. An absolutley brilliant game, with a kick ass story and great gameplay. Voice acting is quite decent as well. Weapons have a nice effect and the ragdoll physics (and the ability to physically dismember your enemies) adds a real nice touch to the proceedings. The game also features an innovative system which allows you to create your own weapons e.g collect a cloth and empty bottle and a fuel can to make molotov cocktails, or an alarm clock and some plastic explosive to make a time bomb.

Final verdict is 10/10. Highly recommended and now on my list of games i want to see a sequel to.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well it's getting painfully average reviews everywhere else. I think I'll stick to european assault.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Its getting very mixed reviews: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps2/coldwinter

And is only a couple of % lower than European Assault. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Was planning on getting European Assault. It got a decent review from eurogamer and I have a particular interest in the WW2 era. How does it fare Retro?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

threadhijacklive6sq.jpg

:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

A lot better than I expected. It kind of depends if you will moan about the lack of quicksaves. I think it adds more tension to the game and would recommend it to anyone who thinks the same. If you like to wuss out with quicksaves then its a try before you buy.

Edit: Lol at Ciaran500

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Thats me! Thats me!! The guy with the Gun! :rolleyes:

Advertisement