Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commuting Galway to Castlebar?

Options
  • 21-06-2005 11:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Does anyone commute from Galway to Castlebar? Is it possible? :confused: Moving back from UK next month for job in Castlebar but going to commute from Galway for a few months (I am from knocknacarra).....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

From looking at Bus Eireann, it seems it's about a 2hr bus journey, but the earliest bus is at 8.
    I'd suggest getting a gaff in Castlebar as soon as possible, getting up at six and not getting home till 8pm is going to kill you (assuming 2hr commute each way).

If you've a car you could probably cut a good bit off the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

You can do it in about an hour in a car. It is pretty much a straight run up.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

When I was working in Ballina, I commuted for about a week, which sucked bigtime. You'd make Castlebar in just over an hour though. I'd recommend taking the N84 although the section from Headford to Shrule is pretty bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Wan Teh Shrule Massiv!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 shambles

Thanks, I would drive it for a few weeks. I am mentally preparing myself for it! Cheers..... :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement