Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CiscoWorks2000, Java, Remote access

Options
  • 21-06-2005 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

We have a machine running CiscoWorks2000 in work here. It loads up on the machine it's running on. This is a Win2K box, Java 1.3.1 installed afaik (I didn't set it up), it works - albeit slowly and I'm VNCing over to it.

I'm sitting across the office at my machine (WinXP Pro SP1, recently WinUpdated, I tracked down and installed Java 1.3.1.
    When I try to connect to the machine across the lan using IE6, I connect fine, I get the login screen, Javascript is enabled, but Java and Cookies show as disabled, the (java-based) login area isn't there. I tried 1.3.1_16 too along with 1.5.whatever is available off the Sun site. No avail.
    I've tried in both FF and IE. FF just shows a blank page, nothing at all - I don't think Java is actually enabled for it.

Is there something blatently obvious I'm missing?

If there's a piece of info or some screenshots I could take, just ask, as this is doing my nut and really slowing down my work.

Also, it's painfully slow, and it's not just because of VNC, either the machine is kind low spec or the Java interface is too "fully-featured".

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

tools menu, options in internet explorer (yes in IE) , advanced , is the Java 1.nn VM the only one ticked in there ? It sounds as if the IE Java VM is the one that is actually running, Cisco always hated that VM so their switch fabric web interfaces never worked when it was the default VM

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

On my WindowsXP SP1 terminal there is no option for Microsft JVM.

On the CWorks machine, under MS VM the options are shown in the attachment.
    I assume I uncheck those 3 options?

I have attached screenshot of the XP CiscoWorks homescreen.

I've also gone into the Java control panel on both machines and set the JRE to specifiy the 1.3.1 version.
    No change :/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I tried it again with FF 1.0.4 just to see, and it works...kinda.
    I can log in, but the menu on the left doesn't fill the bar and so when a section is clicked, it expands *behind* the others.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I have Java VM (Xp SP2) where you have MS VM, you may need to do a registery hack to point your browser at a different Java VM

dunno where to start in the registry as there are scads of pointers to various dlls in the sun jre directories (I have had 1.4 and 1.5 )

ff 104 may be using the ms VM as well

Advertisement