Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Salthill Airshow

• 21-06-2005 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been to this before? Any tips on parking and how much time we should allow to get a good spot before kick-off at 3pm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

Be there for 2:30. The show opened early 2 years ago and most people missed the B1B bomber sent by the USAF. Boy was I pissed. Anyway....

You will not be able to park anywhere near the prom. Park near the firestation and walk up.

Should be a good day. 1 Tornado F3, 1 Janguar the the red arrows, Blackhawk and a sea king confirmed so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

parking is forecast to be a huge problem on sunday. this years airshow is rumoured to be the best in a lot of years. there is a buzz going on about it throughout the entire country, so a lot of people will be heading that direction. local authorities are going to be putting a lot of restrictions up to control the amount of cars getting into the city. i recommend if you want to have a good, carefree time... either go up on saturday, stay the night (that's what my friends and i are doing... will be a good night out up there because of the influx of people) or else get a train into galway sunday. it wont get delayed the same way the bus will and it'll drop you right at eyre square, 15 mins brisk walk from salthill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

daveg wrote:
    Be there for 2:30. The show opened early 2 years ago and most people missed the B1B bomber sent by the USAF. Boy was I pissed. Anyway....

<edit>...gotta sort out this post, makes almost no sense when i reread it....</edit>

What a load of bull dave ;).... i was there... there was no bomber (maybe it just goes to show that the stealth really does work).

Aer Arann opened up the show last yearLaster in the show there was an excellent display with two tornado's.... Also a harrier turned up as well... then the red arrows. Plenty of other stuff!

I should be there again this year.

Just read B1B maybe opening. Also a Eurofighter maybe performing. Jesus wept.

Best advice is to head out to Salthill Friday/Sat as the jets usual practive over the bay.

Peace wrote:
    What a load of bull dave ;).... i was there... there was no bomber (maybe it just goes to show that the stealth really does work).

Aer Arann opened up the show last year. But it had an excellent display with two tornado's....

Should be there again this year.

2 years ago fool. You going this year?

• Advertisement

Peace wrote:
    Should be there again this year.

Woops I'm as blind as you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

daveg wrote:
    Woops I'm as blind as you :D

touche!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Termignator

Whatever about the mil FJ stuff, do not miss Eddie Goggins's display in the Extra 200. He's flying an awesome routine this year. He'll be pulling/pushing +8/-5G on the day with lots of gyroscopic manouevres. Top man. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Here's hoping someone strafes this lot!

notthesaw.jpg

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 The Termignator

Their doves idea backfired beautifully on Whineline this week, the gist of which was...

Duffy: 'D'ya know what happens to the doves when they're released?'
    Spokesman: 'Eh, no.'
    Duffy: 'They die.'
    Spokesman: 'Oh...'

Cue dozens of calls from angry animal lovers saying how terrible it was that this bunch of loonies were going murder all those lovely birds. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

If anybody wants to see great pics of the airshow action, go to the message board on www.irishairpics.com

Advertisement