Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave and Tower Cranes ?

• 21-06-2005 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi folks ,,, Anyone using Ripwave in the area of Pearse St finding their signal gone to hell in the last few weeks ,,the only thing I can think of is the amount of new highTower Cranes gone up. ( Along the Liffey and Grand Canal )
    in the area in the last few months ,,( They maybe deflecting the signal from various base stations -- 110, 140, 190 , 246 etc).

:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

i would be very surprised if this was the case,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Its summer.. Maybe there are more leaves on the trees!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Undercoverguy

Actually this is intresting you should post this. I worked in a (Number one) radio station Dublin, on the tech end of things. Anyway IBB was the provider used for the internet connection for the building. Suddenly one week week we were bombarded with e-mails and calls saying the webstream kept going down as well as staff having problems with the connections. Anyway IBB came out to have a look and didnt find anything wrong but sill replaced all the equipment, then they checked the site and again found no problems. So baffled we went to the roof to check the equipment..... only this time we realised why the connection was droping. A big crane had been erected beside the building about 3 days before hand and every now and then the crane would turn around and block the LOS and hence the dropouts. There was noting that could be done by IBB or the station but about 2 weeks later the crane went and the connection went back to 100% straight away! So i'd say if it uses LOS then cranes is a BIG problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

Thanks for that info Undercoverguy!

Looks like I may have a no good signal for a few months ..( Dam I will have to buy CD's for new music again.) and I just got myself a 300GB drive to fill up !

Advertisement