Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tom Cruise gets wet?

• 21-06-2005 12:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭

Anyone got video coverage of the Channel 4 crew soaking Tom Cruise at the War of the Worlds premiere and him grabbing hold of them and holding them???????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ali!!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050619/356/flj33.html

Sooo funny!!!

Havn't seen the above link yet cuz my computer in work won't play the video.. I think that's it though.

Tom Cruise is gone a bit doo da...anyone see him on Oprah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

There's a short video about old people before it, but keep watching.

Vid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's on ET right now on Sky One.

think there's a feature later on about how lucky Tom is it was just a prank and not a Mark Chapman/John Lennon type thing. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

I'm not Tom Cruise's biggest fan, but I was very impressed with the way he handled that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Sgtshaft

ObeyGiant wrote:
    I'm not Tom Cruise's biggest fan, but I was very impressed with the way he handled that.

Agree totally.
    I love seeing celebs getting the pi$$ taken out of them but that "prank" was just plain dumb and Cruise should of puched the prick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Watched it there and very good....teh fellow who did it ended up looking like the gobs**t and not Cruise.....haha......just stood there while Cruise called him a j*rk and just looked embrassed.....wats the bets that show is cancelled!!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Thread about it here

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=269950

Most people agree the prank wasn't funny and that Cruise handled it very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

he must have had lessons. ;)

i think he's seen the results of punching the crap out of reporters in front of the cameras to know the best thing to do is make them look stupid in front of their peers, rather than stomping them into a bloody pulp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

You would expect better from channel four in all fairness, after shows like 'Brass Eye' and 'Trigger Happy' making complete asses out of celebs (quite effectivly) they take a 30yr step backwards in comedy!

Tom is an asshole though, hearing him go on about how Katie is "the one", what the other two wives were just testers!!! They live in a different world (a place called America)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

You would expect better from channel four in all fairness, after shows like 'Brass Eye' and 'Trigger Happy' making complete asses out of celebs (quite effectivly) they take a 30yr step backwards in comedy!

Tom is an asshole though, hearing him go on about how Katie is "the one", what the other two wives were just testers!!! They live in a different world (a place called America)

Well to be fair to him if I had Kaite "fu*king cracker" Holmes on my arm I would be gussing out of me as well to make sure she didnt leg it.......lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

He handled that situation really well. I think the guys were hoping Tom Cruise would hit the reporter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

What a great actor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Heard he was sueing? Fair play to him for keeping his cool and not just hitting the guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

yeah i though the same guess he is not russel crowe :) still who thought that funny? a 12 yr old?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 398 ✭✭reece

thought he handled it really well especially when he said "no...don't run away". The reporter looked like a complete knob altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

you's are kidding right?

im a fan of cruise..but jesus its just water.. no need to arrest the guy ..god man it was a joke and thats all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

To be fair he gives up alot of his time to go talking to the fans and someone shooting him with water is just wasting everyones time.

Fair enough being arrested for assault for shooting someone with water is a bit over the top.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I've seen Tom in a lot of interviews and stuff like that, its very very hard to throw him off. He can answer anything, its impossible to get him into an awkward spot.

I think he was so pissed off because he was in front of the worlds press, promoting one of the biggest films of the year. He didnt have to give this guy an interview. And I'm sure Tom Cruise personally didnt ring up the police and ask for the guys to be arrested.

It was such a retarded joke anyway, I think they were expecting Tom Cruise, because hes a celebrity, to just laugh it off. I'd give anything to see the reporter try it on the likes of Russel Crowe. This came what, a week after C4 had that show "Top 10 Celebrity Wind Ups", with Brass Eye rightfully coming in at number 1, although I don't think that elephant thing is the funniest one they did. Its just not right for the same channel who had Brass Eye, Trigger Happy and Ali G to do this, its just shows how bad C4 has gotten in the last few years.

Why is Tom Cruise getting so much **** anyway? Its not even "hes a poor actor", its "OMG HE SAID HE LOVED KATIE HOLMES, THATS SO ODD FOR A MAN TO LOVE A WOMAN!!!! TOM CRUISE IS GAY". I'm not a fan, I generally stay away from actors who have appeared on MTV so often, but as far as celebrities go, Tom Cruise just seems to be a really decent, down to earth, kind of guy whos never really hurt anyone. The Katie Holmes thing is extremely annoying, but in all fairness, 80% of the time its brought up by the reporters/interviewers and not Cruise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Kazaanova wrote:
    Tom Cruise just seems to be a really decent, down to earth, kind of guy whos never really hurt anyone. The Katie Holmes thing is extremely annoying, but in all fairness, 80% of the time its brought up by the reporters/interviewers and not Cruise.

I agree.

I like Tom Cruise. He's got balls. I like balls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

Big Nelly wrote:
    Anyone got video coverage of the Channel 4 crew soaking Tom Cruise at the War of the Worlds premiere and him grabbing hold of them and holding them???????

'grabbing hold of them and holding them', eh? lol

The above is so jam packed full of innuendo, in fact the entire post is! lol Good stuff good stuff

Funny clip none the less :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

the katie holmes crap is a bit over done .. it must suck gettin that much umm crap from the news people

take a look at charlotte church and Rooney and his Girl .. it must suck for them too
    but in fairness she IS lookin for it *shrugs*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 destroyhumans!!

heh yeah that was silly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

:d

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

:d

oh jeesus would u ever stop....

Advertisement