Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF2 Question....

Options
  • 21-06-2005 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

Is BF2 an on-line game? In other words, can I play it without being connected to the net? I've only got a 56k connection, which runs at around 38.6k usually so online gaming is almost impossible.

I couldn't get the Demo to work 'cos there seemed to be some sort of checksum error when Winzip went to unzip it. And taking almost 20 hours to download on an ISDN connection at work, I'm not about to download it again.

The review of it on The Sunday Times (They gave it 5/5 !) stated that you needed to be on-line to play it.

Mike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its primarily meant to be an online game. There is a single player mode of the game that replaces real online players with bots so you don't need to connect to the net. But imo its almost not worth buying the game if you can just play the single player.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

the zip was probably corrupted, i think there was a few doing the rounds when it first came out.

the game is, as Jimeatsmenu said, meant to be a multiplayer game, theres no story mode and the ai wont be to great either, but i used to play BF42 on my pc in single player before i got adsl, so you can still enjoy the game, just not to its full potential.

At least you wont have to deal with the muppets if you play offline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Delphi91 wrote:
    Is BF2 an on-line game? In other words, can I play it without being connected to the net? I've only got a 56k connection, which runs at around 38.6k usually so online gaming is almost impossible.

I couldn't get the Demo to work 'cos there seemed to be some sort of checksum error when Winzip went to unzip it. And taking almost 20 hours to download on an ISDN connection at work, I'm not about to download it again.

The review of it on The Sunday Times (They gave it 5/5 !) stated that you needed to be on-line to play it.

Mike

If you want me to post you a copy I can I have the demo at home, no worries pm your address !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

Don't even bother if you can't play online. You won't even be able to play on the maps with choppers etc... and get cut of two maps.

Wait for a while and see if the SP gets modded, but until it does I would say wait... well, I would say something else as well, but I think that is illegal :p :rolleyes:

Don't even bother if you can't play online. You won't even be able to play on the maps with choppers etc... and get cut of two maps.

Wait for a while and see if the SP gets modded, but until it does I would say wait... well, I would say something else as well, but I think that is illegal :p :rolleyes:
    Whats your source that you can't play bigger maps with bots?
    I've never heard this....or are you just refereing to the demo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You can only play the 16player maps with bots. (not without mods at least)

I've tried it ;)

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You can only play the 16player maps with bots. (not without mods at least)

I've tried it ;)
    Hmmm...
    What a load of cock.

Advertisement