Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me an advanced ASP.NET / VB.NET Book

Options
  • 21-06-2005 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im looking to learn more about developing complex asp.net applications. I have about 7 months experiance working with asp.net where ive built roughly 1 website a week each week. Most of these have been simple enough apps to do a particular task to more advanced Portals and Complete database driven report sites. I used ASP.NET Unleashed to learn all the basics.

From looking at the code of other asp.net applications ive downloaded i can see i still have a lot to learn when it comes to Classes, Codebehind, Resources and the best way to build a complex from scratch. I have a particular Reporting tool in mind that id like to build which would also allow me to Graph Data. At the minute its beyond my knowledge.

Anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Not too sure if it would be the area that your interested in but I had a good book on writing distributed systems with asp.net.

When you say you need to learn a lot about classes what exactly do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭Kai

Well its not so much that i need to learn about Classes as such, Im looking for a book that teaches you how to develop larger sites.

For example i downloaded the asp.net Forum source code a few days ago and ive been looking through it. I can understand most of it fine but there are aspects such as using different config files and more complex codebehind code that are still beyond me.

So basically im looking for a more advanced asp.net book.

Advertisement