Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Box outside house

Options
  • 21-06-2005 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get a post box for outside my front gate - and to get the name of my house on it and maybe a design that ties in with it.

Anyone get anything like that done before? Where?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Sounds nice rooster, I've no Idea sorry lol but I'd be interested in one too, currently I have one that you can get in woodies for about 50 or 60 euro ( think they are on sale now for less ) but a better quality one with the number of the house on it would be nice, pluss its easy enough to tamper with the one i have,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Heres a design Idea,

"Don't Mind the Dog, Beware of Wife"

I heard somewhere that shortly an post will be bringing some new policy that states they won't drive into the house only deliver to the gate is this true i wonder ?

Regards netwhizkid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭patrido

netwhizkid wrote:
    Heres a design Idea,

"Don't Mind the Dog, Beware of Wife"

I heard somewhere that shortly an post will be bringing some new policy that states they won't drive into the house only deliver to the gate is this true i wonder ?

Regards netwhizkid
    yeah, when i was ordering my front door, the guy told me not to bother with a letter box, as it would ruin the look of the door, and would be pointless in a couple years when an post stopped delivering beyond the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭rooferPete

Hi Rooster,

It sounds like a nice idea, we have the "Wavin Green" box behind the fence where it can't be seen, in fairness the postman didn't mind the dogs but it's nice to see a man work in comfort.

I think a visit to someone like Foleys Forge in Dunshauglin might be needed to get a custom job done, I would recommend you sketch out what you want and ask for a quote, custom metalwork can be expensive ;)

Advertisement