Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ashdown MAG 300 4x10"

• 21-06-2005 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at buying one of the new Ashdown MAG 300 4x10" Bass Amp.
    Does anyone own one of these and how do they perform. I play a warwick corvette standard. It will be used mainly for Rock music, the usual cover band stuff. I can't afford to go up to the ABM level. Also is there much of a difference in sound between this and the MAG 300 2x10".

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

I had a MAG 300 head (it blew up), but I still have the Ashdown MAG 4x10" deep cab. They are a great cab, very punchy and well build. I have mine combined with a Trace Elliot 1x15" and a Peavey Firebass 700watt head. Not too sure about the combo, but if you are getting it at a great price, you won't be disappointed. Do you know if the combo is expandable so you can add a 1x15" in the future?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

There is more meat in the 4x10 tone, it's worth the back pain. I have an ABM rig but I've used the Mag 4x10 combo in a couple of rehearsals in the past. They're a fine amp, in my opinion, well worth the €€€

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Pearl666

i was playing it in music maker yesterday and it's a seriously sweet combo, i'm saving up for the 2x10 version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

There is a nice punch out of the 4x10's alrite :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

yeah i played through it in musicmaker yesterday. Compared to my ABM combo it is quite good, and id reccomend that you purchase it.
    Now as for the bass i was playing, I'm in love!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭Buddhapadge

I don't like Ashdowns, I have to say. I have a MAG head, and the damn thing has been completely unreliable. It's blown twice on me, and I've had to borrow a mate's old Trace Elliott head, which sounds way better. I play a Corvette Standard too. Although maybe it's just me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ktoal

I see Soundslive are doing a great deal on this combo too....

The new series must be coming out soon

http://www.soundslive.co.uk/product~name~Ashdown-MAG-C410-T-300~ID~3073.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ciaran75

Thanks for the advice guys,
    I bought the amp in MusicMaker on saturday. It will get a full work out later tonight. I got it for €569 cash plus he threw in a lead. A lot cheaper €113 than the net and if anything goes wrong a quick drive into city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

gratz on your purchase. enjoy it.

Advertisement