Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy with Irish Broadband, post it here!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Drapper wrote:
    Man I dont think its a problem with the radio on your house and I bet you 50Euro the signal will be the same !

whats your ping to the gateway? I believe the latency is due to oversubscribing on the mast and the peak time beeing effected by this ! sure give it a lash anyway but I think if they give you your SNR or SR level and its about about 14/15 then is a mast/network capacity problem !

trust me I'm getting good with this technology ! might even apply fo a job in IBB and sorts you's all out !!

lol

note the new Avater :- the suspicious Eye !!
    Well you were right, nothing wrong with radio... SNR was 25+ which is way more than what they deem acceptable (15+). I've got the 5.8Ghz radio and they wanted to try the 5.4Ghz which doesn't work at all. So I showed the engineer my detestful ping to the gateway and he agreed it was completely sh*t probably due to over-subscribing. But he said he could swap me from one sector to another with from PC. Doing this resolved my ping issue straight away nearly completely! But my upload and download speeds have taken a hit... See below:

Downstream 1356 Kbps (169.5 KB/sec) 1464 Kbps (inc. overheads) :rolleyes:
    Upstream 446 Kbps (55.8 KB/sec) 481 Kbps (inc. overheads) :(

But my ping is so much better!

Pinging 83.141.66.1 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 83.141.66.1: bytes=32 time=3ms TTL=255
    Reply from 83.141.66.1: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=255
    Reply from 83.141.66.1: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=255
    Reply from 83.141.66.1: bytes=32 time=5ms TTL=255
    Reply from 83.141.66.1: bytes=32 time=14ms TTL=255
    Reply from 83.141.66.1: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=255

Ping statistics for 83.141.66.1:
    Packets: Sent = 20, Received = 20, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 14ms, Average = 3ms

That's what it used to be (on a good day might I add):

Ping%20Test%20Gateway%2083.141.66.1.JPG

Now I just have to pray every day for this connection to stay like this!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

thats aping to the DNS right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

DN04-fe-1-3-1-150-guinness.irishbroadband.ie [83.141.66.1]

The Guinness mast.

juliuspret wrote:
    DN04-fe-1-3-1-150-guinness.irishbroadband.ie [83.141.66.1]

The Guinness mast.

cool

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

What i'd really like to know is if IBB complained about people complaining about them on boards.ie? If they did then they're cowards!

My connection was grand until it screwed up today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Bomber

Just ordered IBB on the back of this thread, i'll be working off the 3rock mast so I should be alright.
    I'll post a day or 2 after it's installed to let you know how goes it.

Well as long as you read that realllly long thread which is a polar opposite to this thread you should be aware of what might await you!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Bomber wrote:
    Just ordered IBB on the back of this thread, i'll be working off the 3rock mast so I should be alright.
    I'll post a day or 2 after it's installed to let you know how goes it.

Nooooooo Dont do it!!!!!
    I was like that i gave them the benefit of the doubt got it last thursday and it wouldnt download faster than 25k per second really crap to be honest for a 2meg line, they have the worst tech support never call back when they say they will and 30 minutes on hold waiting for them i just got completely sick of them and they are coming to take it away tomorrow morning it took me all of 10 minutes to realise i made a mistake when i got it installed its a terrile unreliable service avoid at all costs
    Pete

peterk19 wrote:
    Nooooooo Dont do it!!!!!

I agree with peterk19

• Advertisement

Well, I think this thread proved once and for all what most people knew: IBB doesn't have many happy customers (not on boards.ie anyway)...

It's sad really, somebody creates a thread called "Happy with Irish Broadband, post it here!!" and it turns into a thread where IBB customers post to talk about the problems with their connections and their dissatisfaction towards the company in general...

Most people (again, on boards.ie - which is in my eyes a good indication of all IBB's customers) are unhappy with IBB. Some (in this particular case: "very few") are actually happy with it...

I hope IBB reads this thread and realises where they are heading if they don't improve their services (connections AND technical/customer support). They have a very bad image and it's only going to get worse...

I say good luck winning your customers back! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

I doubt they will... Look at the Smart experience..Garfield reads all the threads but they still choose to ignore the problems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 G|N|T

Well, I think this thread proved once and for all what most people knew: IBB doesn't have many happy customers (not on boards.ie anyway)...

It's sad really, somebody creates a thread called "Happy with Irish Broadband, post it here!!" and it turns into a thread where IBB customers post to talk about the problems with their connections and their dissatisfaction towards the company in general...

Most people (again, on boards.ie - which is in my eyes a good indication of all IBB's customers) are unhappy with IBB. Some (in this particular case: "very few") are actually happy with it...

I hope IBB reads this thread and realises where they are heading if they don't improve their services (connections AND technical/customer support). They have a very bad image and it's only going to get worse...

I say good luck winning your customers back! :rolleyes:

No, there are a lot of happy people on irish broadband. just seems you's are the only ones that seem to give out!.

G|N|T wrote:
    No, there are a lot of happy people on irish broadband. just seems you's are the only ones that seem to give out!.

could you define you's?

G|N|T wrote:
    so why does it take over half an hour to get through to the customer support seems to be a lot of people unhappy if there are waits this long for some simple support
    and reading the thread name id like to say i am happy with irish broadband as they admitted it was crap and are removing it from my house tomorrow morning
    Pete

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I'm going to be frank, I'm absolutely god damn delighted.

IBB rang me up out of the blue yesterday telling me they were ready to install today. (I had recently told them I was considering cancelling due to the long wait and some reported problems).
    Chap comes out today, sets it up... and I couldn't be happier.
    Ping to boards.ie wavers between 5 and 7 ms.

1MB Breeze is the beez kneez.

...so far ;)

CuLT wrote:
    I'm going to be frank, I'm absolutely god damn delighted.

IBB rang me up out of the blue yesterday telling me they were ready to install today. (I had recently told them I was considering cancelling due to the long wait and some reported problems).
    Chap comes out today, sets it up... and I couldn't be happier.
    Ping to boards.ie wavers between 5 and 7 ms.

1MB Breeze is the beez kneez.

...so far ;)

Good to hear mate i hope it works out better for you than it did for me seems your off to a good start at least hjope it keeps up
    Pete

G|N|T wrote:
    Oh really? So the majority decided, nay CHOSE, to say nothing? Fair enough... Strong point there G|N|T]No...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

I think boards.ie should be renamed to begrudgers.ie.

Some ppl expect the moon on a stick these days.

Ever tried using CB radio in the seventies, the communication mode de jour back then, well I have. We never complained too much about bad reception and the like, we were happy with what ever signal we got. As for customer service, well we did it ourselves or asked our friends on the frequencies for advice.

I can only speak about my time on Ripwave. Ripwave is an inexact technology, so live with it!! I know I do. What do you want - technological perfection???
    Jeez some ppl...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

tomohawk - you sound like you WORK for IBB!

Yes Ripwave isn't a 100% constant technology, but I really feel sorry for people who are lumbered with it, from what i've read it is absolute sh*te and is CONSTANTLY as slow as ISDN! Sounds to me like IBB haven't a clue what they're doing and haven't implemented it correctly. They should really stop installing Ripwave until they take the finger out and get it working for their existing customers.

And, quality of connection aside, half hour hold times and atrocious service - is that something you'd be happy to put up with?

If LEAP and Digiweb can offer a decent wireless service, why are IBB seemingly so terrible?

• Advertisement

No, I just can't stand moaners.
    from what i've read it is absolute sh*te and is CONSTANTLY as slow as ISDN! Sounds to me like IBB haven't a clue what they're doing and haven't implemented it correctly

Tip for you - Don't believe everthing you read...ever!

Sounds to me like all your experience of IBB is heresay...I base my opinions on actual user experience. If you haven't anything positive to say about their service, then don't say it in this forum, say it in another forum that compares all wireless BB providers side by side.

Customers rarely praise any companies customer services.

Finally, if I like any product, that implies I work for the company involved yes? That appears to be your logic. I can assure you I am no Victor Kaim...

@Tomohawk
    you dont seem to mind companies walking over you unlike you most people here expect what they pay for and i have first hand experience with irish broadaband and there support is rubbish possibly the worst ive ever experienced which wouldnt bother me if i only had to contact them once maybe twice a year, fair enough if your gettin rubbish speeds with ripwave sure what do you expect with that sort of technology but breeze on the other hand seems to be a much more reliable technology and if most other wireless companies can make it work more or less perfectly then why cant IBB
    Pete

Tomohawk,

CB is a free means of communication. IBB takes €84.70 EUR out of my account every month.
    IBB is a company that is supposed to provide a service to paying customers. This service they advertise is not currently being provided. This gets people annoyed (angry in my case). They come to boards.ie to share their experience and moan about it. Me first.
    What's your problem with that? Don't read these posts if they annoy you. But don't be telling people to stop moaning because unlike you, they don't like getting walked all over and ripped off. Maybe you can afford being ripped off...? I don't know... But I certainly can't, so you're sure as hell going to hear me moan on this forum! Whether you like it or not. What do you think boards.ie is for anyway? To me, it's there to communicate with other and discuss whatever we want to discuss... And I find it very therapeutic to give out about IBB so I'm not about to give up.

Now go on, go back to saying nice things about the people ripping you off... ;)

Have you told IBB of how you feel about their service? Why not complain directly and constructively to them.

Moaning on boards.ie is just a waste of your time. IBB won't improve their service until they get customer service feedback. That means your feedback.
    Don't bother with this email business. Actually sit down and write a physical letter, and then post it to them. They wont expect it, I imagine they will read it. You might expect a reply.

Or maybe you believe that dismissing a company on web forums is the best way to achieve better services to customers.
    Its the equivalent of moaning down the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

So we should call support and outline the problems? Gee, never thought of that one. Keep the great ideas coming, Tomohawk.

Considering IBB's support wouldn't know what a broadband connection was if it hit them in the head, it's quite useful to get an idea if other people are experiencing similar problems in the same area before wasting time calling support.

All this stuff also helps other people understand the crap you can expect with IBB so they can choose an ISP that delivers a consistent service.

Tomohawk wrote:
    Have you told IBB of how you feel about their service? Why not complain directly and constructively to them.

Moaning on boards.ie is just a waste of your time. IBB won't improve their service until they get customer service feedback. That means your feedback.
    Don't bother with this email business. Actually sit down and write a physical letter, and then post it to them. They wont expect it, I imagine they will read it. You might expect a reply.

Or maybe you believe that dismissing a company on web forums is the best way to achieve better services to customers.
    Its the equivalent of moaning down the pub.

Do you not think that most of us have tried to complain to them about it we call them wait on hold 30 min to be told an engineer has to look into it and they will call back tomorrow with answers and never do and the reason i use boads is not just to complain but to find out what trouble people are having with this product and share experiences and yes complain cause i have gotten more feedback from you than any of the IBB representitives i have talked to
    Pete

Obviously you haven't tried complaining to IBB about their service much! It's a real struggle! :p

I did, nearly every day for 3 months and they finally resolved my problem. I calculated the other day that I spent nearly €100 EUR on phone calls to them since subscribing 7 months ago! Now that isn't right...
    Tomohawk wrote:
    Well maybe it's not the best way but I really do hope it helps somehow. But to be honest, I'm just happy to see people not going to IBB for broadband thanks to all the negative feedback on this forum. And that I think DOES affect IBB and hopefully they'll improve their service so people stop moaning about them and scaring people off! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Tomohawk wrote:
    No, I just can't stand moaners.

Tip for you - Don't believe everthing you read...ever!

Sounds to me like all your experience of IBB is heresay...I base my opinions on actual user experience. If you haven't anything positive to say about their service, then don't say it in this forum, say it in another forum that compares all wireless BB providers side by side.

Customers rarely praise any companies customer services.

Finally, if I like any product, that implies I work for the company involved yes? That appears to be your logic. I can assure you I am no Victor Kaim...
    Wrong !!! I base my opinions on experience with them & in MY opinion "THEY ARE SH*TE!!!!"

Following complaints that we only see negative comments relating to Irish Broadband and beliefs that there are many users out there who never experience any problems with the service, i have set up this thread.
    Please read the title of this thread lads will ya.
    Posted by Blaster99
    So we should call support and outline the problems? Gee, never thought of that one. Keep the great ideas coming, Tomohawk.
    I said write, not call did I not? Here's another great idea - read my post again but this time more slowly and carefully, Blaster99.

• Advertisement

Tomohawk wrote:

Please read the title of this thread lads will ya.

I said write, not call did I not? Here's another great idea - read my post again but this time more slowly and carefully, Blaster99.

The company dont reply to emails and openly admit to deleteing them without reading them i doubt a letter would get much further than the shredder to be honest

Advertisement