Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy with Irish Broadband, post it here!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭beller b

Tomohawk wrote:
    Happy with Irish Broadband, post it here!!

Please read the title of this thread lads will ya.

I said write, not call did I not? Here's another great idea - read my post again but this time more slowly and carefully, Blaster99.
    We have read the title of the thread! That just proves our point.A thread looking for happy IPP customers still comes back with the complaints.You seem to be of the same school as Garfield & The wise Man.Thier motto is Look ,Read & ignore ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Tomohawk

So because you doubt it, you are not going to try. That's the spirit my boy :rolleyes: , the one I am trying to discourage.

good luck then so!

If we were all a gullible as you we would still be using our CBs to communicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Sure in this modern age a letter should not be needed they are an internet service provder after all in a perfect world an email should be all thats needed but the fact that i have to call and wait 30 min on hold is a joke supposew you still use a CB a letter would be what your use to anyway if my connection is down i want it fixed now not in 3 days time when the letter gets there,
    Pete

We have read the title of the thread! That just proves our point

No, It proves you dont understand english.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

This is going nowhere lads, let it go.

This is going nowhere lads, let it go.
    Agreed !! going nowhere ,just like IBB!! LOL

Sure in this modern age a letter should not be needed they are an internet service provder after all in a perfect world an email should be all thats needed but the fact that i have to call and wait 30 min on hold is a joke supposew you still use a CB a letter would be what your use to anyway if my connection is down i want it fixed now not in 3 days time when the letter gets there,
    I've never waited more than 10 minutes on any customer service line. I've always had the common sense to hang up at this stage. Businesses still use letters as a means of comunications these days, contrary to what young people on the internet say ;)

My CB analogy was lost on most of you I see. I was trying demonstrate that both systems use aerials and as such are prone to negative atmospheric effects.

If you dont want to pay for a bad product, then pick something else in the marketplace. Its called consumer choice. Caveat emptor and all that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Tomohawk wrote:
    I said write, not call did I not? Here's another great idea - read my post again but this time more slowly and carefully, Blaster99.

Yeah let's write to them, that's really good. This isn't the Irish Times letter page, it's a company with a support department. Maybe in your era of CB radios telephones didn't work or something, but these days companies deal with problems over the phone or e-mail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

Tomohawk wrote:
    If you dont want to pay for a bad product, then pick something else in the marketplace. Its called consumer choice. Caveat emptor and all that...

With IBB you're locked into a 12 month contract with the Breeze products.

I would incidently suggest in Steffano's case that you just downgrade to the cheapest product and sit out the contract. No point in paying big bucks for a service you're not getting. I don't think the contention ratios make any difference either as I'm [supposedly] on the 8:1 service too and the speeds fluctuate like mad all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Tomohawk,

CB is a free means of communication. IBB takes €84.70 EUR out of my account every month.
    IBB is a company that is supposed to provide a service to paying customers. This service they advertise is not currently being provided. This gets people annoyed (angry in my case). They come to boards.ie to share their experience and moan about it. Me first.
    What's your problem with that? Don't read these posts if they annoy you. But don't be telling people to stop moaning because unlike you, they don't like getting walked all over and ripped off. Maybe you can afford being ripped off...? I don't know... But I certainly can't, so you're sure as hell going to hear me moan on this forum! Whether you like it or not. What do you think boards.ie is for anyway? To me, it's there to communicate with other and discuss whatever we want to discuss... And I find it very therapeutic to give out about IBB so I'm not about to give up.

Now go on, go back to saying nice things about the people ripping you off... ;)

Steffano, I remember you were so happy when you were getting IBB, sucks it didn't work out for you :(

can you please post what didn't you like about IBB? pings? speeds?

I'm all good now thank God (after 3 months with no gaming possible! :eek:) but next time it messes up, downgrade, wait, cancel and pi** off IBB! ;)

but when you had problems were they speed problems? or ping problems?

I'm asking cause, I might get IBB(breeze 2meg) for downloading only and was wondering if speeds are ok?

Well both really CyberGhost but mostly pings because that's what's important to me. Didn't really use the PC during that period so not sure about download speeds but I do remember them not being the best (especially considering I'm 8:1...)

Here's an idea of what I went through:

Irish Broadband Speed Test
    Irish Broadband Speed Test 2
    Connection Test ADSLguide.org
    Ping Test DNS
    Ping Test Game Server
    Ping Test Gateway
    PingPlotter Screenshot

Three months of this... :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Any way of monitoring usage on IBB?
    The 1MB package has a 30 gig limit I'd prefer to skirt than breach...

Well both really CyberGhost but mostly pings because that's what's important to me. Didn't really use the PC during that period so not sure about download speeds but I do remember them not being the best (especially considering I'm 8:1...)

Here's an idea of what I went through:

Irish Broadband Speed Test
    Irish Broadband Speed Test 2
    Connection Test ADSLguide.org
    Ping Test DNS
    Ping Test Game Server
    Ping Test Gateway
    PingPlotter Screenshot

Three months of this... :( :mad: :( :mad: :( :mad:

wow that sucks :(

btw, why is the ADSLguide picture loading from bottom to top? just interested why some pictures do that, if anyone knows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

I thought this was supposed to be a "I LuV IBB" thread???

Why all these negatvie comments???
    My next door neighbour has it and the speeds are great...it convinced me and a couple of others in the area to get it as well.

Cant wait to be installed...have recommended it to many others who were going to choose BT/UTV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

zuma wrote:
    Cant wait to be installed...have recommended it to many others who were going to choose BT/UTV.

Well, don't say you weren't warned about the ****e that you can expect.

I think it a little unfair to the "others" you refer to by recommending a product that you haven't even got yet. You're just condemning them to months of misery also.

CyberGhost wrote:
    wow that sucks :(
    You can say that again!
    CyberGhost wrote:
    btw, why is the ADSLguide picture loading from bottom to top? just interested why some pictures do that, if anyone knows?
    Noticed that also yesterday evening. Never saw that happen before... Don't know what could be causing it either... :confused:

Adey2002 wrote:
    Well, don't say you weren't warned about the ****e that you can expect.

I think it a little unfair to the "others" you refer to by recommending a product that you haven't even got yet. You're just condemning them to months of misery also.

My package should be installed by this time tomorrow....cant wait!!!
    I'll take your comments into consideration Adey2002...but most of the negative responses here appear to be coming from a couple of people...yourself, Steffano and 2 or 3 others.
    Many people appear to be content with the service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i for one am very happy with irish broadband now as they sent out a guy today and he took it off the roof, he said to me that they are overloadong the masts with connections and a lot of people are getting disgraceful connections he laughed when i demonstrated mine to him and said he wouldnt blame me for wanting shut of it
    Pete

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

peterk19 wrote:
    i for one am very happy with irish broadband now as they sent out a guy today and he took it off the roof, he said to me that they are overloadong the masts with connections and a lot of people are getting disgraceful connections he laughed when i demonstrated mine to him and said he wouldnt blame me for wanting shut of it
    Pete

lol happy !! :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

zuma wrote:
    I'll take your comments into consideration Adey2002...but most of the negative responses here appear to be coming from a couple of people...yourself, Steffano and 2 or 3 others.

learn to count m8 there is 100's on Boards who have placed complaints with numerous thread? or am I reading about another IBB ?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=275726 theres one !! a guy who's delight with IBB "taking away the service"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

zuma wrote:

Along with the counless other people in "different" threads complaing abouth the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

peterk19 wrote:
    he said to me that they are overloadong the masts with connections and a lot of people are getting disgraceful connections
    Do they not realise that they are going to get a very bad reputation if they keep that up. Would it be possible to get someone from Ireland Offline to go on a talkshow with a representative of IBB and get them to discuss these issues. In fact, i'd be glad to go on and discuss them (but i'd be crap on the phone :p).

If its on the radio, a lot of people are going to hear, and IBB would have to pull their act together or risk losing more potential customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

IBB need to put a lot more resources into anticipating and fixing problems. My experience with Ripwave, as I've mentioned, has been fine for most of this year and I strongly believe that there's no fundamental problem with any of the technology they're using. Ripwave has high latency but apart from that it is fine. I knew about the latency before I signed up.

Most of my problems when I had them came when they switched over to the 3.5 GHz frequency. It is fine now, but at the time speeds (regardless of time of day) were typically between 10 and 15 kbs often dropping down to 1 kbs. Dial-up would have been preferable a lot of the time. This persisted till around the end of January of this year. When IBB suck they suck hard.

What bothered me most was the attitude of the phone personnel. Looking at the reports here, this hasn't changed much. It is a great shame that this is the case and contributes to the attitude that only Eircom can supply broadband in Ireland. Competitition of the sort IBB could potentially supply is desperately needed in Ireland. The lack of it means that Eircom (and their resellers like UTV) push out rubbish products like their time-limited DSL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

My connections is getting worse by the day. Normally I would see an improvement at about this time of night, but it's getting later and later by the day.

How many more people is IBB going to try and squeeze onto this fekkin service. You'd think it was the West Link Toll bridge. hmmm, wait a second ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 R@VeN (IRE)

Only came across this thread today, I have to say IBB is by FAR the worst ISP I have had, I have been with NTL and ESAT and canceled both as I wasn't fully satisfied by the speeds I was getting.I signed up for IBB 2mb up/down, and the first 2 weeks was amazing, I'm a big online gamer so I was chuffed, after 2 weeks the pings began to jump alot during play, I was constantly laggin and getting tons of choke and loss within the game.The tech support is useless you hold for 30 mins then you get somebody that sounds like they're reading a script or are just robots programmed to say certain sentences i.e "Your connection seems fine from here " and "Ok let me take a look at that can I have your number I'll call you back" which they never do.My advice to anybody going for IBB is if your into online gaming STAY AWAY from this ISP, I know 3 other m8's of mine who signed up aroud the same time as me and since then they've all canceled.I'm sure there are some peeps out there who are having no problems at all but judging by boards.ie the majority of peeps have been ripped off by this joke of an ISP.

zuma wrote:
    I thought this was supposed to be a "I LuV IBB" thread???

Why all these negatvie comments???
    My next door neighbour has it and the speeds are great...it convinced me and a couple of others in the area to get it as well.

Another in favour ....Another low post count....Is IBB signing up all its staff to Boards.ie????????????

• Advertisement

I admit it I dont have IBB....I only wanted to get you lads all excited...hahaha.

My ISP is BT and I'm perfectly happy with it.

R@VeN (IRE)
    What ISP are you using now???...Leased Line as you appear to be an extremely picky person!!!

Advertisement