Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Beam Benders

Options
  • 21-06-2005 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

Can anyone direct me to a web site in Ireland that sells Beam benders for a LHD car to pass its NCT. Brought the car back from the US last year and it needs an NCT. Spoke to a guy at the NCT and he says that I need to put beam benders on. All the beam benders I can find are for RHD cars going to European countries.

regards

Garyh3

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭jlang

And you've been driving since you arrived with the beams pointing at the oncoming traffic?! Thank God for the NCT!

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi Jlang

Thanks for that informative comment!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭edmund_f

never heard of a beam bender before, perhaps if you can find a similar car in a breakers? what car is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

There just pieces of plastic that you fit on the front of the the headlights that deflect the beam. all the ones I have seen are for RHD cars going to France or Germany so that your headlights dont dazzle oncoming traffic.

I have an 01 PT cruser....

GaryH3

• Registered Users Posts: 5 annaeire

Hi there!

I am in the same position... Trying to pass the NCT and I can not find the Beam Benders anywhere!
    Could you tell me if you have sort it out?Where can I buy them?
    Any information will be appreciated.
    Thank you!
    garyh3 wrote:
    Can anyone direct me to a web site in Ireland that sells Beam benders for a LHD car to pass its NCT. Brought the car back from the US last year and it needs an NCT. Spoke to a guy at the NCT and he says that I need to put beam benders on. All the beam benders I can find are for RHD cars going to European countries.

regards

Garyh3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

You can buy them in motor factors or places like Halfords, and there's only one type. Read the instructions.

The second poster is right: you should not (by law) be driving without them.

Desperate looking for Beam Benders for spanish car! I can not find them anywhere and I have to pass the NCT! Please... help....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

annaeire wrote:
    Desperate looking for Beam Benders for spanish car!

You can buy them in motor factors or places like Halfords, and there's only one type. Read the instructions. Hint: Says on the back of the pack, "Also suitable for left-hand drive vehicles".

I got them online!!!
    Halfords dont have them...
    They are not the same, they have them for LHD or RHD. Easy to finde them for RHD here in Ireland and Uk but not the other1s!

www.motorshop1.co.uk

Thank you.

garyh3 wrote:

regards

Garyh3

Advertisement