Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Costs involved in selling?

Options
  • 21-06-2005 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I bought a house with my sister a few years abck and we're considering selling.
    I was onto an estate agent and they said that they would charge (roughly) just over 4K to sell it. The house is valued at 350K.

Now what happens if the sale goes through?
    Are there other costs?
    Do I have to pay the leeching government any more of my tax dollars?
    Are there solicitors fees?

Any advice appreciated
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,388 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You pay your side - your solicitor and estate agent and their outlays, mostly advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

To give you an idea i'm paying roughly €1300 in solicitors fees to sell mine, including vat and charges. Bargain the estate agent down as much as possible they are more flexable on their fee than you might think.

If its your PPR (principle private residence, i.e. your only home not an investment) then there is no further tax to pay on whatever gain you end up with.

Advertisement