Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop to Picture frame PC

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ianaldo

LOLZ, i like it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Neat idea...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Nice.

I have an old laptop with a nice 15inch screen and was wondering if it was possible to create a cable that would allow it to work on a VGA or DVI conector on a full sized PC GFX Card???

When disassembled there is a thin film conector with probale 10 or 20 metal contact strips supplying power and signals to the TFT display.

It would be nice to salvage something from that laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭whizzbang

juliuspret wrote:
    Nice.

I have an old laptop with a nice 15inch screen and was wondering if it was possible to create a cable that would allow it to work on a VGA or DVI conector on a full sized PC GFX Card???

When disassembled there is a thin film conector with probale 10 or 20 metal contact strips supplying power and signals to the TFT display.

It would be nice to salvage something from that laptop.

Howdy

I think you might be out of luck there, I believe that each Laptop screen has its own proprietry controller built into the laptop somewhere. This means that the screen can only be used with that type of laptop (or mayone one or two others from the same manufacturer)

Does the rest of the laptop still work? you could make a frame like mine! or I might buy it off you depending on the specs!

J

Advertisement