Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Symbol for tattoo

Options
  • 21-06-2005 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭

Want to get another tattoo, something that symbolises femininity/womanhood
    and am having a hard time coming up with anything.
    Have googled to death and not a lot strikes me.
    Need some ideas - just nothing tribal. Anyone here have any links, or anything???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Well what part of womanhood are you looking to embrace? Perhaps something along the lines of mother and child, or else maybe some old goddess or symbol as such... or the text "Your Revolution Will Not Happen Between These Thighs"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

god you are funny :)
    Actually I meant more sensual/sexual/fertile sort of womanhood, but definitely not mother and child.....
    Sort of I Am Woman, appreciate.......... sort of thing......

Hmm, well you can always go with something that embraces your personality in a feminine way. I'm there is definite feminine symbol apart from maybe that weird circle and crossy yoke.

Perhaps a flower would be most suitable, as a symbol of feminity and fertility.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Altheus wrote:
    I'm there is definite feminine symbol apart from maybe that weird circle and crossy yoke.
    You mean the Venus symbol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Apparently a pentogram is a symbol for female sexuality (according to the Da Vinci code anyway :))

Of course everyone would think you were a satanist :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭Tobias Greeshman

steveland? wrote:
    Of course everyone would think you were a satanist
    Depends on if the pentagram was drawn upside down or not (called inverted pentagram)... but the close-minded public would probably confuse it and think your a satanist anyway!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭qwertyphobia

Venus, Lilith, Aphrodite, or more localy Shelia Na Gig's

or just some abstract lines and curves that hint at the female form

Well, I have now changed my mind :) as is my right.....
    Am going to go for something a bit more traditional aka a heart with my husbands name under it!!!!
    I had a pink and blue blob on my bum (done quite a few moons ago)pretending to be a butterfly which was transformed by Greg in the most spectacular fashion on Wednesday. I now have a REAL butterfly....

Just trying to decide where I want a new one placed, either top of arm or under my collar bone. Decisions decisions......

Anyway if you are in that area, he is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,436 ✭✭✭✭Victor

dragona wrote:
    Am going to go for something a bit more traditional aka a heart with my husbands name under it!!!!
    Thats a bit clichéed isn't it?

Victor wrote:
    Thats a bit clichéed isn't it?

No, just old -school, traditional!
    Can't stand any of that tribal stuff - don't belong to any tribe other than my family, so...

• Advertisement

Isn't discouraging people away from clichés, cliché now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

What about a suggestive floral arangment or something? Kinda like the petals resembling the intimate feminine area. There's some Irish artists that did pics like that. They look pretty cool. If I find the name I can PM it to you.

acri wrote:
    What about a suggestive floral arangment or something? Kinda like the petals resembling the intimate feminine area. There's some Irish artists that did pics like that. They look pretty cool. If I find the name I can PM it to you.

Sort of like a vulval flower???? :) Sounds good - I did a painting of a poppy/uterus (don't laugh) which is on my living room wall,and octopus/penis as yet unfinished.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭acri

dragona wrote:
    Sort of like a vulval flower???? :) Sounds good - I did a painting of a poppy/uterus (don't laugh) which is on my living room wall,and octopus/penis as yet unfinished.....

'xactly. A border or "end point" to the tatt might be difficult though. Or you could just have it fading off. Ooh, how bout the outline of thorns, but not quite thorns, if you know what I mean. Hmm, I'm not explaining myself very well....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

OrangeStarGoddess200.jpg
    SSStarGoddessTN_thmbnl.gif
    aaa021.jpg
    goddess-spiral.gif

the images are there if you know how to find them.

yep, I do know how to look for them - google goddess and that is what you get.(more or less)
    Don't like them, and I think they would look odd as a tattoo...... but thanks for the pics!

Advertisement