Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simple electric guitar song for beginner

• 21-06-2005 6:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

right i got hold of an electric guitar for the summer and i plan on learning to play. i have already got alot of the basics covered but i was wondering if any of you could suggest a song for me to learn that does not require too much work. ive started learning some more complicated ones but generally cant get past the first few bars because they start introducing slides, bends etc.

any help would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

This thread has been done many times before...
    like http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=211347

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Slides and bends are fairly simply to do, you really shouldn't have any problems with them if you try to learn them. It's good that you've come to something you can't do because trying to tackle that will help you advance more, rather than playing more simplistic stuff that doesn't offer you any challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Off the top of my head: Smoke on the Water, Troops of Doom and...U2-Vertigo :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Depends on the sort of music you're into. I started by playing nirvana, pumpkins, chili peppers etc. A lot of those songs are very simple but no point in learning them if you're not into the music.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,557 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Try the riffs in these songs if you know them:

- "Last Resort" Papa Roach
    - "Screamager" Therapy
    - "Alive" Pearl Jam
    - "Even Flow" Pearl Jam
    - "Are you Gonna go my Way" Kravitz
    - "Colarado Bulldog" Mr. Big
    - "Killing in the Name of" Rage against the Machine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

0utshined wrote:
    Troops of Doom
    Sepultura? That's one of the very first songs I learned :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

NotMe wrote:
    Sepultura? That's one of the very first songs I learned :)

Yep Sepultura. One of the first songs I learned too. It's brilliant. Simple, but brilliant.

Advertisement