Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aib INTERNET BANKING, problems with adding a bank account

Options
  • 21-06-2005 6:50pm

hi i was looking to add a bank account to my 24 hour profile. However when i key in the details the status is deemed as 'not available'.

i have an old statement form 1989 (not a misprint) with the number and NSC on it but the account name has 'myFullName Deposit account'. Is a Deposit account the old name for a cash save account????

the account has been inactive since 1998 but i thought it would have to be longer before the dormant a/cs act comes into play. Would i have to reactivate it in order to add this to my 24 hour online profile. theres not much in it but it would save time if i could get that one up and running again. I would use it specifically for direct debit purposes etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

AFAIK 'cash save' is something you used to get as a graduate account.

Ring AIB and ask them, it's possible they've suspended the account.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Ring 24 Banking. It's possible the deposit account isn't attached to your main records (especially if it's old). Could be other reasons either - but no, deposit and Cashsave accounts aren't quite the same thing.

Advertisement