Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of Papers

Options
  • 21-06-2005 7:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Today in school when the supervisor opened d chemistry papers there were only5honours papers in it4 27 of us.we had2wait20mins4her2go and photocopy them and didnt finish the exam till 17.20

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭stevoxbx

Thats very bad but at least you got the time back in at the end.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Wow, that's really badly organised... Especially since you would have all already indicated that you were doing Chemistry, they should have had the figures. But at least you got the right amount of time! Bit annoying if you were going for a particular bus or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

That's pretty stupid of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

The whole examination is a monster to organise. Mistakes will happen, I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TaraC

i tink maybe our teacher put us in4d wrong levels but on our list of subjects were all down as higher.i tink mayb the other papers could hav been in another box or somethin but all d other exam centres were closed in d skool.it was real strange

• Advertisement

Ah... Have they got into the 'stuffing everyone into one room' stage? That's kinda the stage they've got to in my school, there were only three exam rooms open and loads of people were moved around

Fishie wrote:
    Ah... Have they got into the 'stuffing everyone into one room' stage? That's kinda the stage they've got to in my school, there were only three exam rooms open and loads of people were moved around
    The Department won't pay for supervisors of two centres if they think one will suffice.

Shamrok wrote:
    The Department won't pay for supervisors of two centres if they think one will suffice.
    Yeah, I figured that was the case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

That's interesting, in ours they split up the class of 20 into 2 groups of 10...i don't know why. Our examiner was a bit dopey...it took me 5mins to get extra paper and when i finally got it and wrote on it i realised she had drawn the plan of the classroom on the back...

That's interesting, in ours they split up the class of 20 into 2 groups of 10...i don't know why. Our examiner was a bit dopey...it took me 5mins to get extra paper and when i finally got it and wrote on it i realised she had drawn the plan of the classroom on the back...
    :) That's funny. The room plan would have been important to her though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I showed it to the guy beside me...the thing is she saw that straight away and lookedlike she was gonna lynch me for cheating til i showed her the sheet..she just rippped it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 TaraC

we had4exam centres in d beginning.now were down2one.its not dat bad though.hope i dont hav2get photocopies4my lst subject on fri.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Perhaps one was stolen. Its quite easy you know

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

my school is operating two exam centres for leaving certs all this week. today there were four people doing chemistry. two in each exam centre. the dept paid two superintendants. two attendants. and in the end we all went into the same room and the superintendants took shifts. although we had to use stationary number with different IONAD numbers than the other two lads.
    madness

Advertisement