Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone down at fibbers over last 2 weeks :))

Options
  • 21-06-2005 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

went down to fibbers on saturday night and i was really impressed. there seems to be a new cool scene happenin there for the first time in in about ten years. decent live bands upstairs, place was packed, new garden/open area and a decent (more varied dj set) bravo!. less homophobic metallica worshipping cavemen around

anyone go down?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭QM79

Awww there's a blast from the past. Fibber McGees who-ray!!!! I'll always have a soft spot for it! The storys i could tell.........however I probably shouldn't on here. I haven't been their in ages.....but i will pop in when i'm home. I suppose everyone remembers when it was two floors and the pool tables were upstairs and the Dj was in a cage and it was all rock upstairs and indie downstairs and there were bigger toilets and the Halloweens were great.....and.........and.........sorry getting carried away! Buy you have caught my interest again and I really must drop in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

i reckon its getting worse lately, due to the more varied dj sets and less metallica worshipping cavemen.
    if i wanted to listen to white stripes or the killers i'd go to whelens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

You tell em ya homophobic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 *Spiral*

THE MURDER OF CROWS and they are playing this saturday night in fact so yeah! go rock out and break some chairs. sadly my new job will keep me from there, but i might make the end of it if im lucky

hey this says i last logged on to boards in january 1970. cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭violetdream

skregs wrote:
    i reckon its getting worse lately, due to the more varied dj sets and less metallica worshipping cavemen.
    if i wanted to listen to white stripes or the killers i'd go to whelens

yea i know what you mean - every genre outside metal is pop

• Advertisement

Go The Killers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 playmate

meh
    fibbers had gotten really good again but now the ould leving cert is over n schools out all the kiddies are out in forse! its scary wen kids u buy drink for in temple bar are gettin in no prob as they check us oldies for id!!!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

playmate wrote:
    meh
    fibbers had gotten really good again but now the ould leving cert is over n schools out all the kiddies are out in forse! its scary wen kids u buy drink for in temple bar are gettin in no prob as they check us oldies for id!!!!?
    in fairness now most leaving certers are about 18 anyway... but yeah, there tends to be quite a few youngins who aren't around during the school year.

but fibbers is the best place in dublin (music wise) because bruxelles has too much mad obscure norweigen "lets burn down that church" metal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭violetdream

yea . bruxelles can be good sometimes. but now you can get the pungent stench from the toilet. real bad since the smoking ban....bring back smoking in pubs (just for bruxelles)~ pleeeease!!!

Bruxelles : And you thought Fibbers was bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭skregs

Fibbers: And you thought Bruxies smelled..

I'd probably prefer Bruxelles if it wasnt for the obscure Norweigian Black Metal on constant rotation. And the fact that by the time my broke ass gets into town, it's standing room only in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

AWW,ya gotta love Bruxelles,once me and my mate put on the clash "rock the kasbah" and some Chillies.Oh the looks we got off the metalheads! We didn't care though.....(too drunk to notice) :p

"If the person doesnt sound angry and in pain in some way the music is pop, now where's is my snakebite?"
    Only 'the regulars' may sit on the couches down the back, for they are keepers of all things extreme

Ah they're not that bad,I happen to know some very nice regulars,(well,one but he's lovely!) I actually have more problems when they put on nightwish and Rammstein and that crap .Whitesnake are good..... :rolleyes:

Whitesnake: the only time hip hop is an intellectually superior form of music

Imagine if the germans won WWII? Rammstein wud be the second biggest act in the world, second to The Hoff!
    Now I realise why so many people are against fascism

Aww leave Whitesnake alone!!! But imagine if Germany won WWII WE'D BE A NATION OF CHAINSHAW yeilding ,german speaking,full of eyeliner,muscles on our muscles kinda people....and that would only be the women.....

One can only dream spider :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

I'M THINKING OF HEADING TO EITHER BRUX'Z OR FIBZ TONIGHT!!!

so which shall a little girly girl like me venture to?

yeah fibbers on a wed is deader than beetlejuice! go with bruxies!thurs n sat r the only really good nites for fibbers!

scarfacemj wrote:
    One can only dream spider :rolleyes:
    HEY EVERYONE! SCAREFACEMJ FANCIES WOMEN WHO LOOK LIKE ARNOLD SCHARZENAGER :eek: or however you spell it................. :D

• Advertisement

Lets not slag off women body builders, have you ever seen those Miss Universe contestants?
    Meeow xxx :rolleyes:

Ok fine, Whatever floats your boat, I'm just not into orange muscly scary lookin' ladies.Though I think the boat you're on will be very small somehow......

Spider your wit is better than morrisseys, and you know how good that is. :cool:

Glad you like it,took me half an hour to try and come up with something funny,I'm glad you seem to think I'm naturally this witty..............Tch,what a charming man :rolleyes:

hmmmm how to descride fibbers....its like a rollacoaster it has its highs n lows and its really starting to go down fast again! had to listen to da jukebox tonite cos the dj aint been paid in a month so refused to play! and the whole goin upsatirs to smoke...it aint natural i tall ya!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I quite like Fibbers but there are always a fair few nutjobs there!
    Pints are crap too,however,it gives me the chance to wear ridiculous,yet sexy clothing!
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

I hadn't been in Fibbers in ages and made a return when the gigs started. Surprisingly high quality each week. Tonight Argento is playing and they are definitely ones to watch, very clever music.

I think the Murder of Crows have a residency in there now and their show is exceptional. Loads of gorgeous rock babes dancing on table tops and running amok to some incredibly fun sounds. They happily play through the night and it gives the place a proper rock bar vibe.

Definitely some change in there. I don't go downstairs in the summer though, like sleeping in a green house in the desert wrapped in black plastic bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Retrøpet

I hadn't been in Fibbers in ages and made a return when the gigs started. Surprisingly high quality each week. Tonight Argento is playing and they are definitely ones to watch, very clever music.

I think the Murder of Crows have a residency in there now and their show is exceptional. Loads of gorgeous rock babes dancing on table tops and running amok to some incredibly fun sounds. They happily play through the night and it gives the place a proper rock bar vibe.

Definitely some change in there. I don't go downstairs in the summer though, like sleeping in a green house in the desert wrapped in black plastic bags.

Mehehe..

Check out the website folks. Best way to keep informed about the bands playing in Fibbers every week.

www.fibbermagees.ie

- John.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭wba88

wat day is three euro drinks night on in fibbers?

• Advertisement

thurs its a fiver at da door n all drinks except bucky are 3 quid

Advertisement