Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sephiroth

Options
  • 21-06-2005 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

I'm sure some of you will know this already but this makes for some good reading that might clear a few things up for some people, myself included.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

Very interesting ... but is it official? I'm sure everyone has there own little alterations to the story but that seems to sum it up very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Nah, don't think its official but it seems quite accurate. It certainly cleared a few grey areas I had about the whole Sephiroth affair.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Thats the same theory I had come up with on my second time through the game (first time was just confusion :D ). The linked article is very good and I agree almost entirely with it. The thing that really troubles me about the sequels and spin off films is that the fact that they exist changes the ending. It is widely accepted that humans were sucked into the lifestream at the end of the game. An sequel makes a mockery of what the games ending meant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Retr0gamer wrote:
    The thing that really troubles me about the sequels and spin off films is that the fact that they exist changes the ending. It is widely accepted that humans were sucked into the lifestream at the end of the game. An sequel makes a mockery of what the games ending meant.
    There was a little section in that linked 'article' whcih explained one theory on that... as the screen fades a few sounds play and one of them is childrens laughter. Something to think about? Or even the end of Advent Children perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

grimloch wrote:
    I'm sure some of you will know this already but this makes for some good reading that might clear a few things up for some people, myself included.

sorry wot do i chick on or read?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

Rhyme wrote:
    ... as the screen fades a few sounds play and one of them is childrens laughter. Something to think about? Or even the end of Advent Children perhaps?

You got the platinum version didn't you?

Kio wrote:
    sorry wot do i chick on or read?

Yes click on it. A nice little article that clears up a bit of ambiguety that existed in that game. There was another article of a similar type that I can't find atm....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

Christ the second link(http://www.angelfire.com/yt2/zforce6455/lit/ff7.html) is some heavy reading.(Sorry for no h\link i'm getting probs with getting the page to load thus inserting h\links and smilys)

Iv read part one, v interesting

Dirgis Cirberus(crazy sp!) is ment to be after the lifestream envelopes all, but Vincent, the main character, managed to escape it(Under Lucreatia's waterfall?) and he is left all alone with lifestream monsters floating about place. Hope it clarifys VII events

\edit\ Does anyone else get depressed you hear the VII music again or just me?

Yeah that second link is massive. Ah how great it would have been with a decent translation in the first place. I must have a good sit down and read the entirety of said second article, only really had a few glances through it.

Don't know if the sequel will really clarify anything at all. It'll probably deal with its own story and maybe only make references at best to VII.

grimloch wrote:
    Yeah that second link is massive. Ah how great it would have been with a decent translation in the first place. I must have a good sit down and read the entirety of said second article, only really had a few glances through it.

Don't know if the sequel will really clarify anything at all. It'll probably deal with its own story and maybe only make references at best to VII.
    Still nobody in this forum is gonna miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think we can discount all the bull**** about the number 3 in the second article. Only a crazed fantaic could ever come up with that crap.

It has actually got me thinking about my interpretation. I believed the planet brought all the humans into the lifestream since they were part of the problem. However if it was Jenova who was manipulating the humans were they really the problem?

Well at least reading this has made me realise just how much of a fantastic game it is and how unbelievably deep the story is. Now Square better give us a remake for the PS3 with a decent translation.

Retr0gamer wrote:
    I think we can discount all the bull**** about the number 3 in the second article. Only a crazed fantaic could ever come up with that crap.
    Still very interesting and depending how you look at it it might very well be true

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Well at least reading this has made me realise just how much of a fantastic game it is and how unbelievably deep the story is. Now Square better give us a remake for the PS3 with a decent translation.
    And the chances...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Citizen_Erased

OI'm not sure about that now. The story line may not be that deep but because it is looked at so much people just get bored and derive their own meaning from it. It's lkike when you are sitting in english class being told that thsound snug and lug is repeated in a peom in two completely random places in the peom is because it echoes the sound through his memory. But then you wonder , did he really think that when he wrote the peom?

VII, not deep, get out:D

Retr0gamer wrote:

Hear hear. I can only imagine what a nice clear translation could do. I found the game a little frustrating at times when I found myself thinking "What in the name of god is going on?" I think I'm at my 3rd replay now at the moment but I've only seen the end once if I recall correctly. (I'll watch it again tomorrow should I get a chance.)

Either way I'd love a remake, so much more enjoyment could be gotten if it was done correctly.

Still very interesting and depending how you look at it it might very well be true

No, it is bull. He is just preforming maths on the numbers at random and coming up with multiples of 3. It's basically countdown with a stupidly easy to reach end figure. Anyone who puts that tripe into a game/film/book would need their head checked out. It reminds me of the fanatics looking for a numerical code to decode whatever religious text they devote their life to only just not as extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Retr0gamer wrote:
    No, it is bull. He is just preforming maths on the numbers at random and coming up with multiples of 3. It's basically countdown with a stupidly easy to reach end figure.

poor richard... :(

Yeah just heard that. Posted that before I heard.

Advertisement