Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hardy/Last Nights Raw *spoilers*

• 21-06-2005 8:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

after last nights "wedding" when Matts music hit in the "does anyone have any objections" part, and his subsequent no show...

is anyone else starting to think this is one big mad work?

even the wwe's website has it on their videos page

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/videos/

and rather unlike matt, he's been pretty quiet about it

http://www.prowrestling.com/news.php?id=14071/articles/news

After watching raw last night, and the way the whole thing was handled, i smell a rat to be quite frankly honest.

i'd almost order this shagging PPV now cause I'm pretty suspicious he's gonna return and interfere in the kane/edge match

BTW i fell for it hook line and sinker last night, i was actually off my feet inches from the tv shouting at it at 1.30am, i was never more crushed in my whole entire life... and did you hear the pop Hardys music got? awesome..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

watched it this morning and shouted out WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO when Hardys music hit, i was pissed off when it was obvious he wasnt there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

dont forget when Vince screwed bret hart they had hbk come out the following night on Raw and they played Bret's music and every 1 thought he was there but a midget was dressed up as Hart and they took the mick.

It just shows u that Vince owns the rights to the likeness of Hardy and his character! and can do what he wants to do with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

dont forget when Vince screwed bret hart in 1997 they had hbk come out the following night on Raw and they played Bret's music and every 1 thought he was there but a midget was dressed up as Hart and they took the mick.

It just shows u that Vince owns the rights to the likeness of Hardy and his character! and can do what he wants to do with it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

I doubt Matt would return as is ment to appearing in orther wrestling company's like ROH and IWW but would be a big surprise if he did infact return this Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

Roar wrote:
    after last nights "wedding" when Matts music hit in the "does anyone have any objections" part, and his subsequent no show...

is anyone else starting to think this is one big mad work?

i've had a sneaky suspicion all along the way numerous things have been going on. deep down i think he will be back but then why the bookings for other promotions? it's one thing i've always wondered why wwe don't do and that is use the interent to spread rumours for and against but the way this is playing out there does seem to be the stench of a rat all right.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Cat O'Nine Tail

This whole topic exploded on Matt's own message board yeaterday. It got so bad, that the board crashed. So many people over there are convinced that he's coming back, all because Matt hasn't posted anything about it. He's not posting because he's on a break with his girlfriend Lori.

Anyway. The closest anyone's getting to an explaination is from the guy who's filming Matt's new reality show, and is also a close friend of Matt's, Chris.
    I had been holding off on saying anything, but once it became apparent that the WWE had misled many of you into hoping and/or believing that Matt's return is imminent, I just had to post about this.

I'm sorry to disappoint you all, but HavokFallChildV1 and Nine Tails have hit the nail on the proverbial head. Let me expand on that...

1) This whole situation (Matt/Amy/Adam) is NOT a work.

2) Matt is NOT going back to WWE any time SOON (he may wind up there again eventually, but it won't happen in the near future).

3) A couple of posters got it right on the reason that Matt hadn't posted. He and Lori were taking a well-deserved and much-needed mini-vacation up in the mountains to recharge their batteries. Even though he hasn't been on TV in a while, Matt has been going non-stop since his release. The guy desperately needed some "away time" and I'm glad that he got it.
    And yes, cell phone coverage is VERY spotty - if not sometimes downright impossible to get - where they were at. Regardless, the last I heard, they were both having too much fun to give a **** about what was happening on TV last night.

4) There are two reasons behind this entire angle, and last night's events in particular. First, to piss off Matt and all his fans. Even though the WWE is all about making money, you folks really shouldn't underestimate what degenerates the front office/creative staff are. They are total bottom-feeders and last night proved it once and for all (as if there weren't already hundreds of other examples - e.g., the Triple H/Katie Vick saga).

5) Amy and Adam are NOT innocent at all in this. Most of the top talent have clauses in their contracts that permit them certain degrees of creative control of their characters. What would WWE do if they both refused to participate in such a storyline - release them? I don't think so. Besides, at some point you just have to decide that you are going to take a moral stand and refuse to cross certain lines of decency and morality. People like Adam and Amy who do not have the character or good judgment to shoot down this angle are just very sad, flawed, shells of human beings.

6) The WWE has falsely teased returns of stars in the past. One prominent one that springs to mind is Stone Cold during the aftermath of his walk-out a few years back. They have also periodically teased at the return of Ultimate Warrior.

The bottom line is that what you saw last night was nothing more than a combination of WWE's lack of regard for any standards of human decency as well as a desperate desire to trick as many MFers as possible into buying their crappy PPV (c'mon, let's face it - Vengeance usually sucks). Don't you guys think it rubs Vince and company raw (no pun intended) that Matt has moved on professionally - to the point of developing his own reality show? Don't you think it rubs those same people raw that the fans didn't take to their push of Edge, and consistently drown out any story they try to develop on-air with chants of "We want Matt!" or "You screwed Matt!"? The WWE front office is angry, scared, and totally lacking any human decency. When you put those ingredients together, you get what you saw last night.

You guys shouldn't be surprised or disappointed if Matt never posts about what happened last night. Thankfully, Matt has listened both to the pleadings of several people who care about him, as well as his own good judgment, and decided not to watch WWE programming any more (which he has publicly announced). He can only say that he thinks Adam is a scumbag so many times.

That's my two cents.

--Chris

So if anyone is thinking of watching Vengeance because they think Matt's coming back, don't. He isn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Ill quote the Torch again "Then more unexpected happens. They let everyone down. Edge laughs and it's revealed that it was just a big joke on his part. When the video aired, it was confirmation that you'll see Version Jilted in WWE sometime soon. If not, then they just gave free promotion to a name they aren't making money off of while encouraging fans to get behind a star they don't have. I just can't see that happening".
    Scherer wrote , "But, I have to say that in this business, when it smells like an angle and it reads like an angle, it's usually an angle. If Matt shows up at the PPV, I guess we will hear that he was really fired, then they made a deal in the last week to bring him back".

Brian Alvarez in figure four weekly, "Regarding the Matt Hardy music on Raw, here is the deal. Either a) Matt Hardy is coming back very soon, or b) Vince McMahon has completely lost his mind. Number two has been debated for years, but personally I’m going with number one. As a general rule that is sometimes broken, WWE does not promote things that they are not going to deliver on. Having Edge somewhat acknowledge “WE WANT MATT!” chants on Raw is one thing; actually playing Matt’s music and having Ross and Lawler and Edge and Lita and everyone else totally freak out is another matter entirely. He is returning, and on top of that, if they haven’t re-signed him yet, they are beyond stupid"

Dont believe everything you read on the net. But I believe this. Everything they say makes total sense. Financial wagers from the non beleivers are gladly and willingly accepted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

I'm sick of Matt Hardy at this stage, but I laughed at raw, that was cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Macaroonie

Its wishful thinking cant see Matt Hardy coming back after what he's been through I would prefer seeing a Hardy Boyz reunion on TNA because it will be better for his career and America's Most Wanted will wrestle a decent tag team in the ring for a change and it will improve TNA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

To be honest, I never take the Torch seriously at all - they, like 1wrestling.com have been proved to leaking false stories, getting their wires mixed up.

The only realy insider website that I ever listen to is www.wrestlingobserver.com with Dave Meltzer - and even then, taking what he says with a pinch of salt (after all the whole business is a work)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

i had work the next day and had to tape Raw and i thougt it was a all a work.
    Vince owns the music and the video so in a twissed sence it was good but should not have happened.
    I think matt might have a case aginst wwe now if he want to try sue but it would drag on for ten-fifteen years before it is selttled not much point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Kio wrote:
    I think matt might have a case aginst wwe now if he want to try sue but it would drag on for ten-fifteen years before it is selttled not much point.

Not a chance, on what grounds?
    We all how tasteless the whole angle is and why, including the playing of the music, but if you've noticed, nether Edge, Lita or anyone else has actually mentioned Matt's name or mentioned the real events involving him, and they won't.Matt's been completely substituted with Kane, so Matt could'nt technically say his character has been tarnished on screen, even though everyone knows that's exactly what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

D-FENS wrote:
    Not a chance, on what grounds?
    We all how tasteless the whole angle is and why, including the playing of the music, but if you've noticed, nether Edge, Lita or anyone else has actually mentioned Matt's name or mentioned the real events involving him, and they won't.Matt's been completely substituted with Kane, so Matt could'nt technically say his character has been tarnished on screen, even though everyone knows that's exactly what's going on.

yes he can i know american law very well and he has a slight chance of a case because of his image being in the video and Edge saying I'll explan it all at the reception but as i said it would just get draged out so there is no point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Kio wrote:
    yes he can i know american law very well and he has a slight chance of a case because of his image being in the video and Edge saying I'll explan it all at the reception but as i said it would just get draged out so there is no point.

I suppose in the days of MacDonalds lawsuits, anything is possible, but WWE can use as much of their footage of him as they want, even bring back a similar character to him if they wanted, like the new Diesel and Razor in '96.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

If you ask me, This whole thing has helped matt more than hurt him (if you dont think about Lita). He was a descent mid-card guy before all this and now he's probably the hottest free-lance wrestler out there with every Wrestling Organization wanting him to wrestling for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Matt posted this on his board, nothing major

Greeting my amigos!
    I hope this post finds you all healthy and happy. I'm just coming in from hanging in my hot-tub and enjoying a couple of Sprite and vodkas. I've had an amazing few days and I am ecstatic about my future. I want to thank everyone who has been supportive and believes in me--you mean so much more to me than you'll ever know. Wherever I end up in the future, I just want you guys to stick with me and continue to believe in me. I promise I won't let you down. I will prove that nice guys do finish first. I will prove that anything is possible if you work hard enough for it.
    I believe that sometimes to become the power, you have to fight the power. I am a firm subscriber of standing up for what's right and what you believe in. At my angelicdiablo@earthlink.net e-mail address, I average about 500 e-mails a day. Out of those, maybe one person will criticize my straight-forward, honest, open-book attitude towards life. People relate to me--because everyone has been screwed over at some point in their life--but not everyone has the heart or outlet to stand up for themselves. Don't run over people, but definitely don't let people run over you. I also believe in what goes around comes around, you reap what you sow. I promise I will come out of this situation better than ever. I refuse to--and always have--to be denied. I'm motivated by all the incredible support and love I've had backing me up from day one. I'm also motivated to make the non-believers eat their words. Matt Hardy's time is coming--our time is coming. Eternal thanks and be well...

Matt

P.S. - That was a hell of a reaction I got in Phoenix, Arizona, considering I was in North Carolina--gotta love those MFer's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Ph3n0m wrote:
    To be honest, I never take the Torch seriously at all - they, like 1wrestling.com have been proved to leaking false stories, getting their wires mixed up.

The only realy insider website that I ever listen to is www.wrestlingobserver.com with Dave Meltzer - and even then, taking what he says with a pinch of salt (after all the whole business is a work)

With any subject be it wrestling or anything else you always have to question the validity of sources. However in my previous response I quoted three primary sources of info in regards to wrestling on the net. Does that not make my opinon bullet proof? It does n't but it certainly adds creedance to the logical assumption and my opinion that Matt Hardy will return.If you look at the quotes I provided for you. They were not of rumour or outlandish statements but of considered, logical rationale thought by all three individuals. I agree with their logic. Not rumours. Not crossed wires. Logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Not a chance will we be seeing Matt is WWE any time soon. First off, Matt's made a lot of fans through this whole thing. If he came back at Vengeance he'd lose a lot of those fans. Which could help him if he were a heel character, but he wouldn't be. It would be a very unwise career move for him

WWE is making people hate Edge, which they don't need to do, most despise the **** anyway. If Matt were to return, he's steal a lot of spotlight from Edge, which would be counter-productive to what WWE has been working towards

And anyway, Matt really seems to be enjoying himself now, without WWE and getting ready to work the indy's. I'd love to see him at a few ROH events, and a spell in TNA could be a good thing at this stage

Matt's first match after his 90 day no wrestle clause is finished is on July 16th with ROH, against Christopher Daniels. After that, he's wrestling in some other Indies. But he's rumoured to be joining TNA soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

interesting article here: http://moviepoopshoot.com/wrestling/index.html
    take a look at the archives too. it's written by a guy who used to be a heel manager in memphis.

• Advertisement

Heel manager or not, the fact remains that Matt has Indy appearances booked solid for the next few months. His friends who deal with him on a daily basis have come out and said that this is not a work, that Matt isn't going back to the WWE.

I've just realised that I sound like a friggin' parrot...................I've been saying this over on Matt's own boards for the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just two things to say about that article. First, it's not as if Vince has never made a bad business decision or pissed off the fans. Second, Matt doesn't keep on about it on his message boards. Most of the posters do, but Matt says he doesn't watch Raw anymore, and he doesn't keep talking about it

Advertisement