Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E-Mail notifications

Options
  • 21-06-2005 8:49pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just curious, as to whether its just me, or what is happening?

I am getting multiple notifications by e-mail of threads being updated. In some cases- 5 or 6 identical e-mails with the latest posting attached to them. In addition- as of today- I have started getting a whole load of old e-mail notifications, with a current date on them, but directing me to posts that were made several weeks ago (or in one case over a year ago).

Someone playing with the server?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Are they your threads, or others?
    Have you checked your subbed posts list in your CP to make sure you don't have anything there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I got no email notifications at all for the past 4 days, and have suddenly gotten 16 in the past hour :confused:
    They're all for posts made over the past 4 days, like they were held up or something like that!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Yup.....
    They are threads that I subscribed to at one point in time, but which have not been active (in most cases for weeks or longer).
    The e-mail notifications I am getting are directing me to updates which are now vintage (and in some cases to multiple copies of the same posting).
    Since I wrote the feedback post 10 odd minutes ago, I've received 14 more of them......

Seems almost as though a buffer was being flushed or something (though that wouldn't account for the multiple copies of the same messages)? Strange.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

and heres another 26......
    My inbox is suddenly looking mightily healthy....

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I think this is the glut of notifications that has been delayed for some time. An Admin may be forcing the glut through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Just got another 13 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Cathy

I got about 75 or 80 of these today. Most of them were copies of ones I'd gotten already, and they were all old posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

This has been happening me for a while now. So I turned email notification off. Didnt want to but getting a **** load of notifications at once wasnt my cup of tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

i got 88 today!

Advertisement