Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re: Sharing Free Wireless Broadband

Options
  • 21-06-2005 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Im in the middle of laois and have a good 16mb satellite connection, been using it for a while now and have loads of bandwith to spare! At the moment i only have an old 3 com AP in the 2.4 range with 5 pcz connected and a network storage server with 160gb of movies, music, videos, ebooks and a lot of software and other stuff, with my bb been one way i can't use my ftp server so i can;t shate as easy as i'd like so im thinking a wlan upgrade might be the answer, but how to broadcast with a meaningfull signal, safely, cheaply and make contact with othe like minded people.
    After a lot of reading and surfing i found a site http://www.wwc.edu/~frohro/Airport/Primestar/Primestar.html that gave me an idea based some what on the pringles/coffye tin theory only this time with a DIY satellite dish and empty can to replace the lnb with a broadcast signal of over 10miles even with 802.11b hardware, im bored with what im doing with the hardware that i have when i know its capable of so much more plus you learn by doing, especially when it comes to networks and computers..........

Advertisement