Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering (H)

Options
  • 21-06-2005 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Anyone have any predictions or tips for Friday's Higher Engineering paper? I haven't seen any other threads on it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭Brendygg

cast iron has a good chance of coming up, id no how to draw the circuit of a transformer and the rectifier aswell.

go ova do short qs in exam paprs n learn da thing on aerogenerator bit a weldin and testing and ud nearly b sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dazzington

In what sense is cast iron likely to come up? In what section

And I never got the fecking exam papers, so I've no idea of the paper format - we never used them, only photocopies of bits of them. Do any websites have info on it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

Dazzington wrote:
    In what sense is cast iron likely to come up? In what section

And I never got the fecking exam papers, so I've no idea of the paper format - we never used them, only photocopies of bits of them. Do any websites have info on it?

Yeah examination.ie have them.What q no.s is everyone doing I'm doin 2,4,5,6

section B my teacher just said it had a good chance of coming up.ill go over them all mor than likely ill do 2578 and 4 as a back up.id say it wont be too bad.

dazzington u can buy engineering solutions in easons i think educational company does em and if u cant get em get the marking schemes of examinations site they go back to 02 and on the dept. of education they go back further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dazzington

I don't suppose any of you fellows would be so kind as to post a quick list of what the questions are based around? I see ye saying ye're doing 2,5,7,8 etc, but I have no idea what these are!

Suffice to say, we had a crap teacher.

• Advertisement

q2 is on testing
    q5 welding and joining metals
    q7 turning milling precsision grinding
    q8 mechanisms not in my book but got it from solutions
    q3 is on thermal eqiuilibrium diagrams and heattreatment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

well what did you all think?!
    i thought it was a great paper, i had to rush some parts near the end but its no big deal, i thought it was alot easier than previous years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 EMacInIe

Ya that engineering was simple. I'm delighted. In the % of 90s for me.

Lovely paper great scope and variety made up for the bitch of the project this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

that project was a bitch

• Advertisement

didnt i tell ye transformers wud come up
    twas an easy exam like all engineering exams predictable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Was I the only one with way too much time leftover? I even did an exra Q. There was no way I could stop myself from leaving early especialy with it being the last exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doctor D-Man

Simple paper alright, and I only took up engineering this year. I did an extra Q as well. I always like to have a shot at the technology section. Overall I'd say I did grand but my practical and my project were hopeless :(

Simple paper alright, and I only took up engineering this year. I did an extra Q as well. I always like to have a shot at the technology section. Overall I'd say I did grand but my practical and my project were hopeless :(

Is engineering not a two year course?Did u do it in school or outside?

Advertisement