Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ehh Lads??

• 11-06-2001 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Yo there Sli and the lads im I loged in back on saturday I dont know if any of you got msgs .. to be honest I dont know what I am doing.. I havent loged in since sat.. will that make any difference.. I think I started to build a factory of some sort and a research thing.. but will any thing be changed when I go back to log in.... OMFG something just hit me I could log on to PA from here smile.gif ( ALL THE JCERT WORK GIVE ME A BREAK FFS) ok ok any ways... eh ... let me just log in!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Ahh ffs just rembebered me password is at home on my mail... ffs and I never changed if ahh ffs!

any ways.. so what differences will have happened if i dont log on until next sunday frown.gif could I be Dead frown.gif ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Magwitch

You won't be dead. Don't worry. Reash and then construct "wave amplifier", that will allow you to find asteroids, which get you resources. Ask Sliotar for resources to help you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Then build a mining center

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

You wanna log in at least once a day or those canadian <Censored> will be pushing for you to be deleted.
    on another note at least once every 5 to 7 days as i think you can get deleted for being inactive.
    I threw a few k of metal and crstal your way hope it helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

hmmm, you know I got a mail from Lord Phobos before he disappeared. I forwarded it to Matt as proof that the guy was alive and logging in.

He could have been a multi I s'pose. Did he get exiled or deleted?

I just didn't like the whole "my pal wants back in so let's make some room"... the git left in the first place! Why should we take him back?

me not enjoying this at all. That whole "screw you guys I'm appointing the MoW regardless of what you say" really got up my nose. Add to that the fact the he never answered the question and just sat back while the usual suspects responded with an argument... and he's wondering why I don't vote for him as leader!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

ADREN you might want to show some activity pretty quickly, all you have to do for the moment is get more than one roid to keep from being booted.

On an aside who on earth is ARDI? Not only is his name really [insert disparaging remark] but his comments seem very unusual

I like my coffee like I like my women.......
    In a plastic cup

I like my coffee like I like my women......
    covered in bees

This round has been the most fun EVER!
    Especially on the politics side which is usually boring , its great craic!
    :-)

I think a change of leader is due soon, but first we need two things.

1. Consensus (away form prying eyes in PA) and a time to change our vote. Suprise is always nice.

2. We need to join more alliances. No matter what they certainkly have the drop on us there. We do need to try harder to get more allies to put on a show of force should it be needed.

.....then we are ready

Its surprisingly easy to get alliances , Just head to #recruiting on irc and there are loads , getting good alliances however thats another story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

Hey Adren, I was on holidays in spain for a week, so i could'nt get back to you sooner. You'd want to log in asap, we'll do our best to keep you alive untill then. dont worry about actually playin the game, you'll catch on fairly quickly, its not as complicated as it looks. its a good idea to have a look at the pa forums, you can find out a lot about tactics and strategy there, theres a newbie help section aswell where you usually get an answer within half an hour to whatever question you have.

• Advertisement

Something definitely needs to be done. I for one am getting really ****ed off with the way things are. The latest turns of events are the most worrying. It's a definite shift and an illustration of what the future holds.
    <I know it's a game, and I know a certain amount of conflict will happen in any team, but this is not fun anymore and the complete lack of co-operation, outright underhandedness and lack of effort on the part of the "leaders" is getting rediculous>

my suggestion if we are going to start something:

1.We get someone like IMMO on our side in case they get nasty. ok, maybe not IMMO, but removing a muppet has to have some value! Any chance of a bit of Irish protection?

2. We do it soon. Out of a deal where each "side" of the gal held two ministerial posts, we now have three "new" and the final "old" is coming under fire.. yep, Darthcol wants Sli out of the MoD seat.

3. Piggybacking. Me no like it. It means we can be attacked, by our own guys, without our permission and all they have to say is that they were helping to "keep our roids withing the galaxy". Does the loser get anything in return? And I don't trust these guys enough to believe that they would be above "piggybacking" when we are "randomly attacked" by someone else.

4. Finally, the galaxy pic is being changed! When Big Woody suggests it! And the same gimps that flamed and insulted me for suggesting this in the beginning, are agreeing! WTF! I'm still banned from playing in work. And what about Matt's "ongoing search for suitable pics"? I don't see them popping up anywhere. How long can a search take?

basically, anything suggested by an "old" member of the gal is being met with argument and insults. The newer members post the *exact* same thing and it get called an innovation.

Matt *still* never answered my question about the appointment of the MoW. All that happened was he sat back and said nothing while a fight started.

We need
    1. a GC that will actually make a decision.. but will still take into account the thoughts of the Gal.

2. Ministers that are fairly, and evenly distributed (as in the 2 and 2 plan again but sticking with it this time). I would suggest backup/redundant ministers for each position in case of connection problems, holidays etc.

3. an *organised* defense system. Not just a show of who can get the most outside help for themselves.

4. more participation in alliance based activities (right now the gal is sort of sponging off the defensive capabilities without gaining any recognition for contributions.. which means that when the **** hits the fan later, we're not exactly on top of the protected species list).
    Also, maybe a round of education on what each alliance stands for, how big it is, and what we are expected to do as members.. also what we can expect in return.

5. A GC that actually makes an effort to help new players and find out if someone is active or just doesn't know what to do before moving for exile.

In short, I do not believe Matt is the right guy for the job. Apart from the fact that I am convinced his time is divided between more than one.. project shall we say... his decision making skills leave a lot to be desired.. he ends up making on the spot, ill thought out and arbitrary decision just because someone allegedly said he ahsn't the balls to take control.

I know a galaxy cannot be a total democracy, you'd never get anything done, but a bit of input has to be expected! At the moment we have to shout just to get attention.. and that doesn't always work either.

In short, me getting quite disillusioned with PA. I thought I was going to be playing a wargame.. not being ordered to do things that don't make sense and basically just being an extension of one other person's planet/ego.

ps. who's that guy that basically said he has been doing news scans and other scans on the rest of the gal. Anyone wonder what he does with these scans? And whether they have coincided with the galaxy attacks that have been suffered. Personally that's one of the first questions I'd ask!

oops, looks like me left rant mode switched on for that one smile.gif

tbh, matt is showing alot of inactivity atm, no reply to my tagging post, no reply to the mod one, the guy steers clear of conflict and appoints who he wants where he wants. Keep all gov positions the same but get rid of matt.

In a plastic cup

covered in bees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

If you need a quick strike, ive got 5k warfs itting at home doing nothing.

If our coup does turn bloody we may need them (and a crap load more) WhiteLancer, thx.

Keep your powder dry and your pants moist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

I usually have around 5k frigs at home too, so if you need any... smile.gif

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

Praise be unto the gods of PA , The predicted Canadian implosion is at hand, UED (or U E Diot) is to be exiled - Horaaay! And he is geting roided by his own. Add to this I was in on a stompng of his Alliance (that he claims to head) and the future is looking a little rosier. ;-)

how much longer will the round last? even if its just for the fun of it, i think we should definitly start a revolution and win back the galaxy before the round ends. impose a complete dictatorship upon them. that would be sweet, but difficult...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kegser

How about a coupla hundred Dreads and 4k frigs? And some Pods of course smile.gif

we'd need alot more around 600k ships to pull off a decent attack , but you would get a hell of alot of roids and the feeling you have just pulled off a pearl harbor style bombing run attack , but this time there will be no counter attack , well cause they would all be dead smile.gif , anyone want in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

/me waves hand

*cough*
    daves l33t site 0wns j00.

lol Rich, you've been bugging the shyte out of me on IRC looking to attack them for ages now wink.gif. Seriously Adren Im starting to wonder are you playing at all. Bad enough that we have a inactive in our gal, we dont need another

In a plastic cup

covered in bees

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by draffodx:
    we'd need alot more around 600k ships to pull off a decent attack , but you would get a hell of alot of roids and the feeling you have just pulled off a pearl harbor style bombing run attack , but this time there will be no counter attack , well cause they would all be dead smile.gif , anyone want in?</font>

Well we would get little roids but thats beside the point.

Sliotar siad he would talk to Adren monday and see if he was still playing.

DON'T vote out that inactive Newbie|| until he is finished being roided. Matt only posted the exile vote after his own pods were well on the way to Newbie||. Wait until all gal members attacking have had a pop, then vote and carry the exile.

On monday we should know if Adren is playing. If he is not then he will be exiled by tuesday for sure.

Importantly we need to find folks who do want to play PA and get them to join ouir galaxy if the account creation ever starts again. Anybidy know anybody or when the creation of new accounts begins?

theres no way matt could get any roids off newbie, hes way too big???

OK , so you wont get much roids but , the satisfaction of kicking there asses , you really should try living in a gal with them......argh! its like big brother you have to share a house with a load of tossers and then you start thinking .....why?
    please help us kill them , sooner rather than latter
    «Donal|R

[This message has been edited by draffodx (edited 25-06-2001).]

The fact he would get ZERO roids did not stop the fat f**k from trying, how sad.

NOoooooooooooo! Let them live! Just get to know them and you'll like them! Give them a chance! After all they really are a nice and considerate group of peop <Ouch!> just burnt my hand with acidic sarcasm drool....

Mattsie="gob****e" on a powertrip.
    Blight= decent enough, but inactive
    Max/darthcol= only *slightly* above UED.. actualyl no, just as bad..

and as for that sliotar gi...oh wrong forum smile.gif

I'd like to see a smush alright. Then rip the GC away from them, remove the Ministers and deny access to the gal fund so they can't re-init roids.

And *then* post up a great Hildebrandt or Geiger serious sci-fi banner with the title "live long and prosper - nanoo nanoo"

oh, and then offer to treat them as eqals if they stay while promptly ignoring everything they suggest or say in the politics section...

God! If I knew planetarion was this much fun Id've switched from Utopia ages ago!

from talking to people on irc about the situation , people i know matt or any of the other members of the canadain gang bang have any connections with , it seems a few people would be willing to help , and hey we could advertise this as the first planetarion , in galaxy rebellion and hail it as a massive attack for freedom from oppression! smile.gif

«Donal|R

• Advertisement

Plus i want to talk the guys in my gal for them donations after my attack went *just a bit* wrong , i should have over 1k ships recouped by tonight but its gonna be a long way back to my 10k fleet.
    Thanks again guys.

«Donal|R

i would have helped if i could draff, but i lost a big chunk of my own fleet as you know...

dont worry about it sliotar , so i might start a tread asking if anyone would want to join in this revolution , hopefully get enough ppl in to get at least 400k ships

«Donal|R

Advertisement