Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private messages

Options
  • 21-06-2005 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

Problem here.

I've receieved two new private message notifications, from two users one a friend who sends alot to me the other was from someone I regarding a post of a thread he/she was looking for volunteers for a project I assume thats what it was about.

But there are no messages when I check them??
    Is this a known problem how do I get around it??

Also I was thinking it would be great if PM could be accessed throw POP3.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They're probably old notifications as per this thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=270579

PMs aren't actually emails, so while it would technically be possible to hack together a system to allow POP3 access for PMs, it would be far more work than it's worth.

Become a subscriber and you get an @boards.ie email address with POP access :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

what advantages does this email adress have?i fear i have too many already.

Advertisement