Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F.E.A.R Multiplayer beta

Options
  • 22-06-2005 1:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how many have tried this since the beta went public (before twas subscribers to fileplanet only). All ya need is the multiplayer key which can be obtained from here [need to be signed up to fileplanet/gamespy] and off course the beta which can be download from fileplanet (i got mine off newsgroups (much faster) and can upload the .nzb file if needed).

Been playing for last couple hours and i'm impressed so far though its a b*tch getting it to run with high settings as seems very graphic card intensive (i have 9700 pro) but once its up and running looks very nice with great explosions. Also cool is ablity to do some kung fu (jump towards person and press mb2 to get some leg kickin action :D ). Best part though is the much overused slow-motion abiltiy/power-up, as seeing it in action and then playing with it is really sweeet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Keeping my eye on this title for a month or two now. Still didn't realise there was a beta though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Yeah same here, definitly on my list of games to get.

The betas been out for past few month though as i said only to Fileplanet subscribers so grabbed it as soon as i saw it open to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Been playing a good few games of this myself, great fun, but the weapon balance is awful, the nailgun simply dominates everything. However I have been very fond of the power slide melee attack, hold melee and press crouch, better range and more controlable, albiet less stylish, than a well placed boot to the face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/me wants :)

like above, been following it for a bit now and looks the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I got the BETA and i had to uninstall it cos i was getting an incredible 1fps/s!!

stoopid FX5200

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

im in the damn que on fileplanet now, screw the sunny weather!
    is the glass all smashy and sparks and stuff like the video?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Had this since it was released on subscriber only (pays to know people in the industry :) ). Anywho, kick-ass game. No question about it.
    Single player should be better aswell, as there's more things to kick.
    At the moment, I'm going through a melee only phase - a.k.a. running about with my gun holstered and just battering people. Very funny.

wow

that is one sweet game.

i agree with u pugsley, the weapon balance aint too good.
    the single player is gonna rok

aw man this game is good, the unarmed combat feels solid
    the satisfaction of dropping off a balcony and clipping some guy with your swinging boot :D

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Gave it a go there. It feels like it was made by guys that like all the same FPSes that I do :)

It's looking very solid, especially for a beta. I'm partial to the dual pistols myself. The semi-automatic with the scope is very good for clearing out places though. I tried the mad-man-jumping-around-kicking-people routine and found more than one happy to drop their gun and go toe to toe with me. However, these duels were 50:50 win/loose so I gave it up.

The maps have a certain Goldeneye quality (nice!) but after CoD I've grown a little fond of the open air sniper-fest maps.

I haven't noticed much of an advantage when using the slomo ability. Maybe I'm not using it right, but the only advantage you have is deciding when it's activated. Not to mention the big red X you have over your head for others to hunt you down.

Does anyone know how to use proximity mines? (another Goldeneye goody :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

cregser wrote:
    Does anyone know how to use proximity mines? (another Goldeneye goody :))

didn't have a clue how they worked either... some guy stood on in and nothing so i now just plant them and shoot it when people nearby to desired effect :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Just plant the mine, then when an enemy comes near - it hops into the air and blasts most things into small chunks. Assuming the enemy's near enough.
    I've also found a new toy, the sticky grenade things. So far only once I've been able to sneak up behind someone, throw one or two onto him, run away and hit that pretty red button once. Quite fun to cover doorways in them too though.
    They also detonate when you die, so a good "You're comin' with me!" weapon.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Anyone willing to burn this onto a disc and send to me....please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I can't beleive BB is still not available to you yet azza. What are eircom at?

Advertisement