Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Continuous play DVD

• 22-06-2005 2:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭

Is there any way anyone knows of to create a video DVD for standard home players that will play from beginning to end and then continue from the beginning again without any intervention?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Dont think it's possible, because the DVD laser will have to jump back to the top of the disk.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

depending on what you use to author the dvd, it is possible to continually play the same clip over and over and over..... without any user intervention.

with something like dvd maestro it's a piece of p... quite simple to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Yup, I was pretty sure it could be done, just a case of getting the software to do it.
    DVD maestro is a non starter though, it is hard to find and far to expensive for anything but professional use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

well if you have access to a mac and dvd studio pro, try this tutorial from creative cow. linky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭MrVestek

It is possible for the same clip to be played over and over yes but I think what Lump meant when he said no is the fact that there will be a slight pause on the screen, there's no way it'd be seemless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Yea, that's what I ment.... the disc will stay playing, most players have the option to do that.... but there will be a jump/pause/flash.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

I did this last week with adobe encore 1.5 after using the program for just 5 mins. Easily done.

Advertisement