Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dead like me

• 22-06-2005 6:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

any dead like me fans??

they've cancelled it in america due to conflicting shows there trying to bring it back

there are petitions if u want one but its easy off google

did anyone think the show was ****ing class?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

I liked it, but I hated hated hated George. She was utterly charmless, and acted pissed off for the entire run of the show. Should've made it all about Rube, it would still be on the air :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Unit00

Great show. Its a shame to see it gone.

George did wreck my head at the start (did she ever smile at all during the entire show?) but eventually I accepted her.

Mason and Daisy were great characters

I doubt a show about Rube would have worked though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Its my favourite American show of all time. Sorry it got cut off too soon but in a way its a blessing as the arc will always be tight and never turn into one of those XFiles/Simpsons shows that didn't know when to quit (or did! - but was just to $ crazy to care).

I only saw the finale for the first time last night and I'm glad they were able to wrap it up properly. I was worried it was gonna end on a cliff-hanger that could never be resolved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

I just watched the final episode last night. It was pretty good. I'll be buying the DVDs, definitely. I still haven't seen any of season 1.

Although, I felt that it sounded a bit forced, at the end, having George say 'dead like me'. If that wasn't the title of the show, she wouldn't have said it.

Mason's my favourite character. Rube is great, too, though.

Although, I felt a bit cheated with the final episode that nobody recognised George. And why would they have that rule, anyway? What purpose does it serve? Seems like a Mohra demon type plot device, to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

It blew.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Yeah really like it, am watching the current series on Sky.

corblimey wrote:
    I liked it, but I hated hated hated George. She was utterly charmless, and acted pissed off for the entire run of the show. Should've made it all about Rube, it would still be on the air :p

Shes dead, probably doesnt have much to be cheerfull about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

It was a very clever show. I loved George, such a unique character. Total f*** up who just didn't give a crap in life or in death. So refreshing but also nice to see how she grew and developed over the two series. I'll miss it but I think the finale was very fitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

conanm:It blew.

why??
    I just watched the final episode last night. It was pretty good. I'll be buying the DVDs, definitely. I still haven't seen any of season 1.

season 1 aint as good as season 2 iv d/led 1 and most of 2.. i tried lookin to buy it in dun laoghaire and in town and no luck
    you might have better luck

it aint over though it needs a new hosty people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Daelus

Yeah, I checked in Music City in Dun Laoghaire and they didn't have it, so I've ordered from Amazon.

Weird, though, some people say season 1 was much better. :confused:

I remember seeing a bit of the second episode of season 1 when it first aired and not liking it much, though. I'll give it a try anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I thought season 1 was the better of the two as well. More quirky and fun, interesting character developmet and more clever with the individual stories. Still, both series were outstanding television, and once again, we have another gem of a series die an undeserved death...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i loved dead like me, it was a funny series, and my favourite person in it was daisy.
    Mason is funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always enjoyed it. I thought it was a very nice little series.

I felt the plots with George's family worked alot better in season two. Season two also tried to have a go at a couple of arc plots... they all started out very promising but all had sort of disappointing endings.

Advertisement