Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smackdown 3rd pick ***SPOILER***

• 22-06-2005 9:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Personally, I am quite surprised by this one, and shows once more that Raw has gotten the far better out of this draft.

The newest member of the Smackdown Roster is
    Mohammed Hassan

And next week on SD! there is a very interesting main event
    Benoit vs. Booker vs. JBL vs. Taker vs. Hussan vs. Show for the new Smackdown! Heavyweight Championship
    . Somehow I see this changing quite dramatically as there will be another 2 going to Raw, and another two arriving from Raw.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

shock indeed
    Hassan on Smackdown and Duvari on RAW (i presume)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,371 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ok - WTF!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Seriously! that's a crap pick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Lordz

Daivari is on SD aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Why was Daivari allowed accompany Hussain, but Matt Morgan could'nt go with Carlito?

Apart from that, what the hell is the story with the 6 man match next week for "a new Smackdown Heavyweight Champion"?

Is Cena being stripped of the belt, or is it to be a new title, as they've referred to it as a new Smackdown title?

If Cena is stripped, i can see him being traded back to SM on Thursday as the last draft swap, being included in this match for the vacant title and of course winning it.With possibly Christian and/or Y2J being added to SM to fued with him and get the title shot they are getting robbed of this Sunday at Vengance.

Sounds far fetched maybe, but everything's been unexpected in the draft so far...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Now I'm really confused. :)

I think this is a poor decision. I can't see Hassan and Daivari doing as well on Smackdown. The Un-Americans angle was not great on Smackdown but it performed better on Raw. Smackdown is not right for an angle like that.

As for the Smackdown championship, I really don't understand this one. What might happen is that JBL will win, Cena will be drafted back and then we will see JBL claim he is the real champion and Cena likewise and then there will be a unification match. Anything could happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

seems more likely cena will drop the title to christian or jericho and the winner will be drafted back or at least the next joint ppv a challenger from sd will fight cena and win it back than cena actually being drafted back. Tbh thats not the best idea that wwe wouold ever had made. Then again u never know with them....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

This might be wishful thinking but it's starting to look to me as though this all has a lot to do with ECW. Could WWE be about to replace Smackdown with an ECW show, perhaps starting with some form of invasion angle? There are so many signs pointing to it and the Smackdown title belt is the latest. Consider this - if there was an invasion of some sort on Smackdown by ECW and they got control of the title, they might do something similar to what happened when Eastern Championship Wrestling became Extreme. I don't think many wrestling fans (or Vince himself) would like to see the WWE or World Heavyweight title being destroyed or vandalised in some way by ECW hence the creation of this new easily disposable Smackdown title that nobody cares about.

Then again I could be wrong and probably am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Truth is folks, if you look at all our speculating so far, we have all been miles from what has actually happened, and somehow I reckon all the above speculation is way off as well. Personally though I am really enjoying this, as for the first time in years, its not predictable.

As for next weeks main event, well, as mentioned above, that main event match is very open to change as there are still 2 drafts each left. Somehow, I cant see the newest SD member(s) not wanting to be in this match.
    MNG wrote:
    can't see Hassan and Daivari doing as well on Smackdown. The Un-Americans angle was not great on Smackdown but it performed better on Raw.

Perhaps there will be a gimmick change soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

Wow. Another kick in the rear from WWE. Never saw that coming. Hussan and Daivari arent such a bad pick though. Both are good on the mic, fairly solid in ring work which will look more passable now its an edited show plus it can be Hussan in singles, Davairi in cruisers or both in tag. Its a fairly good pick but with the in terms of star power RAW has been on the better end of things. Had this not been all about the big guys I'd back Hussan as a good pick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Macaroonie

Smackdown is the weaker show so Hassan could get a bigger push maybe the US Title and Daivari is a good addition to cruiserweight division from what I have seen of him in the ring

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Kio

D-FENS wrote:
    Why was Daivari allowed accompany Hussain, but Matt Morgan could'nt go with Carlito?
    Daivai is Hussain's manager not a wrestler well thats the storyline.
    but morgan could be a good heel if they get rid of that stupid speech thing.

Despatch wrote:
    This might be wishful thinking but it's starting to look to me as though this all has a lot to do with ECW. Could WWE be about to replace Smackdown with an ECW show, perhaps starting with some form of invasion angle? There are so many signs pointing to it and the Smackdown title belt is the latest. Consider this - if there was an invasion of some sort on Smackdown by ECW and they got control of the title, they might do something similar to what happened when Eastern Championship Wrestling became Extreme. I don't think many wrestling fans (or Vince himself) would like to see the WWE or World Heavyweight title being destroyed or vandalised in some way by ECW hence the creation of this new easily disposable Smackdown title that nobody cares about.

Then again I could be wrong and probably am.

I heard about that to but it seems a bit stupid to do and randy orton in ecw he would cry at the site of a burning table but still he could be sent back to raw.
    then again paul.E can make anyone look like great wrestler and if they have talant well thats a pluss

Kio wrote:
    Daivai is Hussain's manager not a wrestler well thats the storyline.

It's not supposed to matter if you have a Manager, tag partner, announce partner or otherwise, if you get drafted it's meant to be just you,"One pick per week, until the final week's trade" the rules say, hence the split ups in the past.

Also, when Teddy Long was drafted he was a manager, and he did'nt get to bring Jazz, Rodney Mack or Mark Henry with him

I know the NWO were granted immunity form splitting up in the '02 roster split, and the Dudleys were drafted as a team last year but that was in the trade for HHH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

Jesus I think anything could happen at this stage, I don't think anybody has seen what has happened so far coming.

D-FENS wrote:
    It's not supposed to matter if you have a Manager, tag partner, announce partner or otherwise, if you get drafted it's meant to be just you,"One pick per week, until the final week's trade" the rules say, hence the split ups in the past.

Also, when Teddy Long was drafted he was a manager, and he did'nt get to bring Jazz, Rodney Mack or Mark Henry with him

I know the NWO were granted immunity form splitting up in the '02 roster split, and the Dudleys were drafted as a team last year but that was in the trade for HHH.

you like arguing with me don't you? Well as i said Daivari is hussan's manager a free agent not paid by wwe but hussan ok

Kio wrote:
    you like arguing with me don't you? Well as i said Daivari is hussan's manager a free agent not paid by wwe but hussan ok

No, don't like to argue with anyone, but when i don't agree with something i will argue.Especially when you're almost implying it's obvoius Daivri could go with Hussain because he's his manager.Like Isaid, no one is supposed to be exempt from the draft rules and only one person was meant to be drafted.

Plus, if managers are classed as "Free agents" and no employed by WWE ( i presume you just mean storyline wise) as you say, then why was Teddy Long drafted last year.And if WWE has no say as to where these free agents go and what they do, how is it they constantly barred from ringside, forced into matches on occasion and even assigned wrestlers to manage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Macaroonie

D-FENS wrote:
    No, don't like to argue with anyone, but when i don't agree with something i will argue.Especially when you're almost implying it's obvoius Daivri could go with Hussain because he's his manager.Like Isaid, no one is supposed to be exempt from the draft rules and only one person was meant to be drafted.

Plus, if managers are classed as "Free agents" and no employed by WWE ( i presume you just mean storyline wise) as you say, then why was Teddy Long drafted last year.And if WWE has no say as to where these free agents go and what they do, how is it they constantly barred from ringside, forced into matches on occasion and even assigned wrestlers to manage?
    Teddy Long was not in the draft last year he replaced Kurt Angle as general manager.Daivari can go with Hassan because he is not on the active roster, WWE will try and get Daivari more in ring work on Smackdown because they were impressed with what he showed in the ring on Raw.

Macaroonie wrote:
    Teddy Long was not in the draft last year he replaced Kurt Angle as general manager.Daivari can go with Hassan because he is not on the active roster, WWE will try and get Daivari more in ring work on Smackdown because they were impressed with what he showed in the ring on Raw.

Teddy Long was in the draft last year, as a manager.In fact, his first few weeks on SM where spent trying to get new wrestlers to manage, Rikishi and Scotty were two he tried to get.
    He then managed Jindrak for a while and did'nt become GM until July '04.

And as far as the draft goes, Vince made it clear everyone was on the "Active roster" - managers, announcers, everyone.

I have to agree with d-fens on that but it is all done so carfully if you don't get it your not going to.
    D-Fens if im wrong how come daivari is on smackdown then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Kio wrote:

I heard about that to but it seems a bit stupid to do and randy orton in ecw he would cry at the site of a burning table but still he could be sent back to raw.

Did you see Backlash last year? Did you see Orton being dropped onto hundreds of tacks? Did you see the amount of sickening bumps he took of Foley. Somehow, I doubt Orton would 'cry' over anything to do with wrestling!

• Advertisement

i was simply impleying he couldn't hadle ECW all the time

I think the whole Daivairi coming to Smackdown thing is just a plot hole thing, I dunno. They could make a possible storyline out of it but I doubt it. We'll just have to accept it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

I was never really a smackdown guy and the way the draft is going it looks like i wont watch smackdown again. It just shows that it is the minior league compared to raw.

hass wrote:
    I was never really a smackdown guy and the way the draft is going it looks like i wont watch smackdown again. It just shows that it is the minior league compared to raw.

I'll be watching it for Benoit but that's about it really. I agree Smackdown looks in a bad way right now. Hopefully either Y2J or Christian will go in the draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 P2ssw0rd

The only way I can see the whole Divari/ Hussan thing working is if there's a split between the 2 and they end up wrestling each other - one turns "good" in other words. I can see that goin the same way as Heidenrich.... what a load of crap. He was such a great character as a Neo-nazi psycho and then they turn him into this big idiot that marches around the ring with kids and read poems about finding new friends - c'mon! what's that all about.

As far as future plans in the WWE - I hear Sandman is coming to Smackdown to start a feud with JBL following on from the whole ECW WWE showdown at One night stand. I can see the whole ECW invasion thing happening but it won't replace Smackdown, they'll slowly be integrated into Smackdown and it'll soon be like ECW was just a WWE side show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 hass

I would watch Smackdown for Benoit but who is he going to wrestle? When he firist came to smackdown I was hoping a Benoit and Angle feud but angle went to Raw. When RVD and the Dudleys come back then mabye Smackdown will get better but the next draft pick has to be a good pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say Jericho and Christian will be drafted next week, one of them as champ. Then the new "Smackdown champion" will have a match against the WWE champion at GAB to unify the titles, as pointless as the whole thing seems. If they just let the cruiserweights really go at it, SD would be a whole lot better. It's not like there's not enough talent on the show at all, they just have pointless matches too often

I think Smackdown would be better if they used the storylines they use for grudge matches in the titles pictures. London has been doing solid with the belt but needs a storyline to get him in the spotlight. As for Orlando Jordan and the US title need I say anything?

It's the same sort of thing with Raw sometimes too though. Anyone notice how obvious it was that Carlito would win the title when they kept mentioning how long Shelton had held the belt? They had never said it before, even though he held it for longer than Orton did last year, and they never shut up about that!

• Advertisement

I know yeah but sometimes it seems like the womens title gets better storylines than the likes of the US and Cruiser!

Brow wrote:
    I know yeah but sometimes it seems like the womens title gets better storylines than the likes of the US and Cruiser!

Very true but what can they do when all the fans in the stands cheer more for the women match's than Cruiser! and the us title they must hate i mean look who has it!orlandojordan.jpg need i say more

A bit of an overstatement but true in some scenarios. The cruiser matches usually get great responses but usually it's just them going out and doing what they do, which is impressive all the same but if it had a story behind it the matches would mean that much more. Like remember when Hurricane had his stalker and it was Nidia and Noble? That was a prominant feud at the time and the title was in the spotlight. The US title I'm at a loss with. I dunno who they could put it on that would make me care. Maybe Van Dam when he gets back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

After seeing smackdown I've changed my mind about hassan, he could be a great pic! I'm really looking forward to the six man elimination match next week too. JBL is great on the mic.

A bit of luck, and the mexicools will be just the guys to kick the cruiserweight division into action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

I bet you Hassan wll be the new champ next week! And it is great to have Orton on SM, that finally got rid of Cena....can't stand him.

I'd love if Booker won the title...unexpected and deserved before he retires which I think is coming in the coming months if I remember right.

• Advertisement

Thought he signed a 2 year extension or something? I'd say it'll be a face champ, and they'll end up feuding with the WWE champ that comes to SD, Christian or Cena. I'm thinkin it'll be Christian and Booker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I think they should have JBL should give give up on the SD tital and have him ask Jordan to hand him the US tital as he is the leader of the cabinit there for the belt should be his. Jordan dosnt comply gets the crap beaten out of him and bomb SD has a new top face and the US tital gets some meaning

I think they should have JBL should give give up on the SD tital and have him ask Jordan to hand him the US tital as he is the leader of the cabinit there for the belt should be his. Jordan dosnt comply gets the crap beaten out of him and bomb SD has a new top face and the US tital gets some meaning

You're not suggesting Orlando Jordan could be a top face are you? I think he's awful.

Kio wrote:
    I have to agree with d-fens on that but it is all done so carfully if you don't get it your not going to.
    D-Fens if im wrong how come daivari is on smackdown then?

Not saying you are wrong, you may be right but you're still only speculating, that's all I’m saying.

Truth is I don't really care that much about one little Arab American slipping through the net and moving shows, my only point was that it doesn’t appear to be in the rules that managers can move with their clients should they wish, so why was Hussain and Daivari allowed stay together but Carlito and Morgan, who were only together a wet week, got split up?

Granted Morgan and certainly Carlito can manage on their own a lot better than I think Hussain and Daivari could I this point, but I just fine it a little annoying when WWE bend, break or just plain ignore their own rules to benefit a angle which seems to have happened here

D-FENS wrote:
    Not saying you are wrong, you may be right but you're still only speculating, that's all I’m saying.

Truth is I don't really care that much about one little Arab American slipping through the net and moving shows, my only point was that it doesn’t appear to be in the rules that managers can move with their clients should they wish, so why was Hussain and Daivari allowed stay together but Carlito and Morgan, who were only together a wet week, got split up?

Granted Morgan and certainly Carlito can manage on their own a lot better than I think Hussain and Daivari could I this point, but I just fine it a little annoying when WWE bend, break or just plain ignore their own rules to benefit a angle which seems to have happened here

I stoped caring aswel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement