Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody scan for networks lately?

Options
  • 22-06-2005 9:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I decided to scan for networks today on my phone, expecting to see Vodafone and maybe 3 if I'm lucky.. But, I found Vodafone, Vodafone 3g, O2, O2 3g, 272 05 (which is 3g), and Meteor.. But not Meteor 3g.. :( Looks like a few networks are getting in on the 3g game in Ireland..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

O2s 3G network has appeared on scans I've done for as long as the VF one has. Meteor dont have a 3G licence so you wont see a 3G network of theirs! 27205 is "3 Ireland"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Yup, nothing new there at all...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I read about 3 being visable on scans, but I couldn't find it on my spare phone (8310).. Interesting about 02 tho.. I read about them giving good customers a 3g phone to test their service on O2. Must be nearing completion now..

I'm considering going 3g, but I might just wait until o2 and 3 start their 3g.. Not big into vodafone..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

Is an 8310 a 3G phone? (I dont know, I'm asking the question not being sarcastic!) cause if it's a 2G phone you wont see any 3G networks on the scan list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

Yup, it's 2g (or gprs)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

O2 are waiting unitl they can offer a reliable service.. Some others say they are having problems implementing a billing system..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

the 8210 is not a 3g fone, also theres going to be a better 3g available by o2 at the end of the year. and meteor wonot even have 3g yet.
    it looks like the market for fones is getting better in ireland
    thank god we wonot be ripped off as before

Advertisement