Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing 3gp videos in Java

Options
  • 22-06-2005 9:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

has anyone ever used a codec for 3gp ?
    I want to play a 3gp video in Java and I can't seem to find a codec on the web.

anyone have any experience of this ?

cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

in case anyone is interested:

MPEG4 is based on quicktime.
    IBM Alphaworks have a codec for same, and apple have a quicktime for Java API for MAcs and windows.
    There is also an OSS project called MediaFrame that has a applet MPEG4 player.

none of this helped me of course, but might help someone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

You're probably looking at a JNI wrapper, here...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Quicktime will run 3gp or you can get a converter program to convert 3pg to avi( http://www.tomdownload.com/multimedia_design/video/convert_3gp_avi_mpeg_video_converter.htm ) . Might make it easier to work with

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

Nah - its go to be 100% Java.

I'm writing it myself in the end. My company has an unreasonable attitude towards 3rd party or GPL'd code in their core product :)

aside from my head being mushed from reading the MPEG4/quicktime specs for the last two days, its quite fun. lots of byte level stuff.

Advertisement