Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single peoples thread (EVERYONE POSTING HERE WILL BE TAUNTED)

Options

Comments

Melange wrote: »
    Yeah, I really can't believe how the first four months absolutely flew. And as for summer, it's going to be a hot one! God knows we deserve it after two summers drenched in the rain...

I approve of this theory. Now all we need to do is kidnap karmas nearest and dearest and we are on to a winner.

Evening all! Its Friday! Let the long weekend roll in! :cool:

Will I be seeing you in Blazers Sunday night? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Dublin_Andy

this 6 month dry spell is tough going lol :D

whats with all these stuck up girls everywhere..

wont give you the satisfaction of a chat

22 years of age...when im going out clubbing my dad always says try and get a woman this time for once...and bring one of her mates back for me lol :p

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Melange

What pubs/clubs are you going to? There're a lot of places in Dublin where you wouldn't go for the scintillating (or even friendly) conversation - and from either gender.

this 6 month dry spell is tough going lol :D

Faint heart never won fair maiden. Suffer and try enjoy it. Won't be long till your freedom is but a cherished memory. :P

• Advertisement

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Faint heart never won fair maiden. Suffer and try enjoy it. Won't be long till your freedom is but a cherished memory. :P

Good and wise advice.

But if it fails there's always Coppers... :D

What pubs/clubs are you going to? There're a lot of places in Dublin where you wouldn't go for the scintillating (or even friendly) conversation - and from either gender.

well coppers, krystle, 21s, odeon, tripod, dandelion, break for the border, capitol bar, etc etc lol :D

ah im making a big generalisation.. there is alot of down to earth girls on a night out ;)

yeah your probably dead right... this is a time for fun, not settling down :D

well coppers, krystle, 21s, odeon, tripod, dandelion, break for the border, capitol bar, etc etc lol :D

ah im making a big generalisation.. there is alot of down to earth girls on a night out ;)

Hmmm, that's a fair selection alright, though I reckon the likes of Krystle and Capitol mightn't be the best if you want to avoid the stuck-up in life!

Absolutely. I can see how the most obnoxious people might really stick out in your mind, even though 99% of people out there are fundamentally sound. Now brush all doubts aside and enjoy yourself!

Hmmm, that's a fair selection alright, though I reckon the likes of Krystle and Capitol mightn't be the best if you want to avoid the stuck-up in life!

yeah they are kind of upmarket alright :D

Absolutely. I can see how the most obnoxious people might really stick out in your mind, even though 99% of people out there are fundamentally sound. Now brush all doubts aside and enjoy yourself!

yeah you know yourself the ones i mean... they think theyre better than everyone else and try and make you feel inferior to them..they think the world revolves around them alone..if you say anythin to them they just look at you as if you have two heads lol

i always enjoy myself...just out for a good laugh with mates...the best thing to do is not think about pulling somebody ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 muttingaa

Can one get a date on bo;)ards.ie?
    Any nice ladies out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

muttingaa wrote: »
    Can one get a date on bo;)ards.ie?
    Any nice ladies out there?

Let me now if u find out. I'm like the dad dublin andy was on about, I'm allways asking my son to give me one of his cast offs ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

missbaker wrote: »
    I dont believe u!! I thought i was the ONLY single person left in Clare!! :D

Aha, I wouldn't know too much about that. I either stay at home with friends or head outside Clare for nights out/weekends. Last few times I was in Ennis it was a bit dead and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Ouuhh is that this weekend! Damn now that would make a great day out.
    Still at least I can celebrate with the brave and faithful fans that night.

Your bang on to give yourself a good break. Less stress = More success.
    What are you soing in college.

I'm studying computers in college, this is my final year (by choice), just dying for it to be over!

Really looking forward to the match tomorrow now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

hey all,

I'm new to the forum!! am 22 female, and single.
    It usually doesnt bother me , but last year I graduated, and it was like a wedding couples everywhere you looked!!!
    I must admit I go to coppers an awful lot lol but for obvious reasons no one special there lol. so wondering where do ye think the best place to meet people is!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

corkkaz wrote: »
    hey all,

It usually doesnt bother me , but last year I graduated, and it was like a wedding couples everywhere you looked!!!
    I must admit I go to coppers an awful lot lol but for obvious reasons no one special there lol. so wondering where do ye think the best place to meet people is!!!!

Anywhere that isn't a club!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭corkkaz

lol i actually its a good place to go out!!

I dont think you can meet a bf/gf in a club though!! usually people just want whatever they can get!!

corkkaz wrote: »
    hey all,

The Porterhouse is a really good spot for meeting down to earth people... around to the right at the end of Grafton street...Doyles pub around the corner from Trinity college is great too. The Turks Head at the top of temple bar. Eamonn Dorans in temple bar too :D

lol coppers is good now and again. not all the time..

im 22 myself... i know how you feel ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jerrehpips

Actually, all these suggestions are very helpful
    starting college in dublin this year (hopefully) having left college in carlow
    variety is the spice of life and all that jazz :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

jerrehpips wrote: »
    variety is the spice of life and all that jazz :pac:
    Then you'll have fun in Dublin, there's enough variety here if you go looking.

What course are you heading into?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jerrehpips

sounds good to me! :D

travel and tourism in ballyfermot, but i havent heard back from them yet
    was studying civil engineering but thats not what its cracked up to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

jerrehpips wrote: »
    sounds good to me! :D

travel and tourism in ballyfermot, but i havent heard back from them yet
    was studying civil engineering but thats not what its cracked up to be!

Ballyfermot can be nice. Is it the PLC college you're going to?

It's only one bus away from Dublin city centre, you wont be far from whatever spice of life you're looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭dentalnurse

Hi everyone..... im a singleton :) a year and a half now..... im happy to be independant and i enjoy flirting and having fun without feeling guilty, but i think u get to a stage where u miss the cuddles and meals and weekends away, theres something about that closeness with a person. Anywho lately iv stopped pushing men away and it seems i have less men coming near me now.... is it a scent or something lol maybe its all in my head ?

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

I'm not sure that people are single out of choice. The only reason I'm single for example, is that I haven't a suitable replacement for my last girlfriends. The bar has been set very high now, and most, although very attractive are just not my type!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

im single because long distance relationships cant work :(

also, welcome to the thread dentalnurse :)

I agree. That is also why I am single. Its crap. Or at best it is sub-standard. Happieness presumably relies on, in order,

1. Health.
    2. Love.
    3 Wealth.

My opinion.

Thank u. i completely agree it wont work long distance. But hey there's plenty of cats in the bag..... we're all just waiting for 'the one' to find us!!! :P

zero_nine wrote: »
    I agree. That is also why I am single. Its crap. Or at best it is sub-standard.

See the worst thing about breaking up because one is leaving is because you havnt fallen out of love for him/her, or there has been no infidelity etc. but u have to realise he/she wouldnt leave if they thought they would have a future with u... well if i was in love with someone i wouldnt just leave... :(

zero_nine wrote: »
    I agree. That is also why I am single. Its crap. Or at best it is sub-standard.

See the worst thing about breaking up because one is leaving is because you havnt fallen out of love for him/her, or there has been no infidelity etc. but u have to realise he/she wouldnt leave if they thought they would have a future with u... well if i was in love with someone i wouldnt just leave... :(

Yeah, this is true. If someone is in love with you, it is impossible for them to leave. So if they leave it is impossible that they are still in love with you. I still love my ex, but its simply best not to think about it/solve it or anything else it.

Mind you, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson, I still love every girl I ever loved.

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is true. If someone is in love with you, it is impossible for them to leave. So if they leave it is impossible that they are still in love with you. I still love my ex, but its simply best not to think about it/solve it or anything else it.

Mind you, to paraphrase Jack Nicholson, I still love every girl I ever loved.[/quote]

I think its much easier to get over someone if they have hurt u in some way,so if a man falls out of love for me i would encourage him to cheat so i wont hold any feelings or thought for him ever again lol :)
    Ah that little line at the end was lovely.... i suppose i do hold a lil sumtin for a past love but i wouldn still call it love, just nice memories :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement