Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single peoples thread (EVERYONE POSTING HERE WILL BE TAUNTED)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Dont do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Sarky!)

Seb I'll start a petition thingy tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

It's officially Valentines day. Do any of you have any plans? I'll be down the pub watching the Liverpool and Chelsea match. Who knows, I might find some lovely girl who hates both of them too :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

any luck she will be a red,as in a manc red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I am reducing my spoken vocabulary for the day to sentances such as

"Get the hell away from me, you scabby tramp!"

and

"My dear, the words don't yet exist to describe just how incredibly desperate I would have to be."

This will make having a cup of tea quite the challenge when I venture into town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

county wrote:
    any luck she will be a red,as in a manc red

That's exactly what I'm hoping for my friend :)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,724 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Meh. Grmph. Bah.

bah fcuking humbug!

I did however get wishings for a happy one, well what's happy about it? eh? eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

As did I. And pretty good news about someone, but its happening at the mo, so can't say much. Hope ye had good ones.

I don't think I'm allowed post in here anymore... :( although in general :D

Le Rack wrote:

You will be single till you die.

Um, no, not true...
    Not allowed post in here anymore...
    Yay!

• Advertisement

And I'm back, not worried it's all okay, and things are well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Le Rack wrote:
    And I'm back, not worried it's all okay, and things are well.
    What happened darlin?

Long distance, I'm moving nearish though in September so we're waiting till then to give things a go.
    You're coming to BEERS!!!! YOY!

I'm back...oh my god, the thread died..I had to search for it...
    Ah, well. May be gone by next weekend..hopefully..

commiserations darlin, welcome back to the land of the damned - d'I mean, single...

Want 2 talk about it?

As for me, I've got my eye on a girl who I hope to impress and woo at this house party 2mo... Wish me luck etc

Heya Seb! Ah, we never saw each other, so it was never ever gonna work, but we're still like best friends type thing. Yay!

Ah at least ur still friends, altho that's sometimes scant consolation...

As for me, I didn't manage any success yesterday, she's deffo not into me - guess we're just friends.

Like I said, scant consolation...

Ah, we still have the best laugh around each other, saw him yesterday and we nearly got kicked out of a shop ( 2 weeks in a row, same shop!) cos we were laughin so much...and so completely messing...

Well, Seb, at least you are friends. I know of cases( not mine for anyone who knows me, I'm just a walking bad-luck charm) that people have tried with others and they all end up hating each other...at least you know you're still friends. Don't wreck that, it stands for a lot, and you may have something in the future, ya never know, she may wake up some morning and have fallen madly in love with you overnight. Can happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

My phone died in a tragic tragedy so I'll never know if my future husband text me or not... most likely not but I would've liked to have known.... sighs....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I've got this thread open in one window, on the other is an article about Howard Gardener's multiple intelligence theory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33 bk86a

Yup, I'm kinda lonely. Feel good about it anyway.

Don't wreck that, it stands for a lot, and you may have something in the future, ya never know, she may wake up some morning and have fallen madly in love with you overnight. Can happen...
    Would you believe that I wrecked it before?

This is the same girl I went out wit a year and a half ago, she broke up wit me but wanted to remain friends, and even tho I knew that friendship was special I still fcuked it up... Up until December she hadn't talked to me in over a year!:eek:

So yeah, don't worry - not gonna make that mistake again. She's a cool person to be mates with anyway, and I hope whoever she ends up wit knows how lucky he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭pisslips

He won't well not if he's like me and 90% of men.

Well, Seb, maybe its a sign that like when ye made firneds again that it was pretty much gonna be a solid friendship, and that can be way better than the whole-coupley thing. And hey, you're a vision of hope for the rest of us who screwed up friendships...how many was that now...um, about 3 or four guys over a year...oh well, cest la vie, as I said I'm a walking bad luck charm. I think thats starting to change however, so heres hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Dont be too hard on yourself LMP! Dont believe in bad luck.. good luck is what you make it!

Cheers for the kind words lilmissprincess, and don't fret too much over past relationships. What's done is done, if you can look back and say you tried your best and learned something, then every experience is worthwhile in some way, no matter how excrutiatingly painful it was at the time.
    Just keep plugging away, and sooner or later the worm will turn...

P.S. Btw the Hamlet soliloquoy u hav in your sig is my favourite piece of Shakespeare. I always said I want it read out at my funeral, whenever that may be.

Hey Seb sorry to hear bout all that, give it time, I've managed to become friends with pretty much all my ex's over time....all five of em... I think five is right and I'm not bothered attempting to count...

I don't know what the story is with me at the moment, I've one guy telling me, "We've got something good, that has it's own pace of natural progression" and quite frankly I want to go up to nature and poke it!

Then there's the other guy from the previous page with whom I am still very good friends....

Then there's an ex and his "I love you" messages... sooo not going back there!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

please see Pony Club - Single

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Well, back to this thread I go. Ouch.

• Advertisement

Rozabeez wrote:
    Well, back to this thread I go. Ouch.
    *hugglez

Welcome back, altho I'm sure the fact that you're now in good company is of scant consolation...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement