Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best thing about this year big brother is...

• 22-06-2005 11:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭

....the Talk Talk adverts, and they seem to kepp coming up with new ones too, the sun going down is my favourite so far

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Ali!!

Yeah, they're legend and whoever came up with them is a genius!

.....Most definitely the BEST thing about Big Bladder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

I think all the tricks are ... Makosi and her cherryade, Max and the task, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

They're clever alrite, but they're still ads and i hate ads with a passion.

The best thing about big brother this year is ..... the arguments! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

saskia

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Agree, Saskia and her jugs !!!

As for the ads, who really gives a toss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This weeks task has was inspired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

bolbill

your signature is the funniest one i've seen

ahahhahahahahaha

boffy, i agree about the task!!!Maxwell will cop on to them i think.The way they're goin i dont think they'll get more than a pound a day ever in that house!!

cheers :D:D:D:D

:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

BuffyBot wrote:
    This weeks task has was inspired.

Very Orwellian.

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

the sexual tension between anthony and craig.....it just keeps coming! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Gilgamesh

the fact that the weather is good enough outside to do something better than watching this tripe of a show

• Advertisement

Gilgamesh wrote:

the fact that the weather is good enough outside to do something better than watching this tripe of a show

Another fool! :rolleyes:

B.

a fool, yes, ... but a fool with a life what doesn't require me having to watch other people's lifes on TV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Gilgamesh wrote:
    but a fool with a life

You would be better off living your great life then instead of trolling on a forum that doesnt concern you.

Although big brother is ****e this year

Gilgamesh wrote:
    a fool, yes, ... but a fool with a life what doesn't require me having to watch people have a life

So tell me o great one, how does watching a 1 hour television at 10 o'clock at night contistute as not having a life? :rolleyes:

Plus, did you enjoy the Aprrentice last night?

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭the jew

Gilgamesh wrote:
    a fool, yes, ... but a fool with a life what doesn't require me having to watch people have a life
    Ok, you don't like big brother but are on the big brother forum??? I'm suprised you are able to take time out of your "life" and actually drop to our level, seen as how you are obviously out there living it up and not watching telly most nights of the week (would that be accurate?????)

I didn't say you guys don't have a life read the post carefully.
    And what does the apprentice have to do with BB?

I am also not talkign about one hour a night but there are people who actually watch that stuff 24/7 as offered afaik.

but I do definetly think that this show should have only been shown for a MAXIMUM of 2 seasons and then kill it off.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    I didn't say you guys don't have a life read the post carefully.
    Gilgamesh wrote:

I suggest that you read your own post carefully.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    And what does the apprentice have to do with BB?

You slag people off for watching one reality TV show yet you watch another one yourself. Smacks of hypocrisy to me.

B.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    I am also not talkign about one hour a night but there are people who actually watch that stuff 24/7 as offered afaik.
    agree, sad bastards (but not just for watching bb 24/7, anyone who watches tv/plays computer games 24/7).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Im away this year so Im missing it but Ive seen a few pics of saskia!! Gotta be the best thing in BB :D

right, just rephrased that part to make it more understandable what I meant.
    Apprentice is a reality TV show, correct, but as the discussion here is only related to BB and not reality TV, your point is useless.

• Advertisement

Gilgamesh wrote:
    right, just rephrased that part to make it more understandable what I meant.
    Apprentice is a reality TV show, correct, but as the discussion here is only related to BB and not reality TV, your point is useless.
    My point is not useless.

Gilgamesh wrote:
    a fool, yes, ... but a fool with a life what doesn't require me having to watch other people's lifes on TV
    Man, you just keep contradicting yourself. Read your new quote and then think about you watching the Apprentice!

B.

the apprentice in comparison actually can teach you something about the business world, and how it works and how larger companies deal with things, it isn't just about watching people get kicked out.
    BB in comparison teaches you how to sleep until 2 in the afternoon, bitch about others and how do foock all the whole day out, unless someone tells you to do something and giving you a prize for it

so no, they can't be compared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

It's all reality TV, Gilga, don't kid yourself !! What does it matter what people watch on tv, it all involves sitting down, relaxing, having a beer, whatever ...

And you can learn from BB ... it's all about how human beings interact ... and I know the first few weeks can be over the top, but usually the viewers get it right and vote for a genuine enough person, cos we're not thick, we can see through contestants who ham it up for the cameras ... and God knows there are plenty of them doing that this year.

The Apprentice is good, but imo you don't really get enough of an insight into the contestants .. BB is the only show that really gets under the surface of people ... this takes a few weeks ... and it's interesting to see how usually the really popular ones at the start (case in point maxwell) ... end up being total twats after a few weeks ... plus, the psychology show on sunday nights is always an eye opener about human behaviour.

Although I actually like the Apprentice and I did watched it last night (what was the deal with that kids haircut?) they are both reality TV shows and are there to entertain people so of course they can be compared.

If you don't like one or the other fair enough, but to start taking the p1ss out of people for watching a TV show is just sad imo. I don't like soaps or Sci-fi but if people want to watch them that's their perogative.

B.

BaZmO* wrote:
    My point is not useless.

Man, you just keep contradicting yourself. Read your new quote and then think about you watching the Apprentice!

B.
    Your point is pretty much useless. At first I thought Gilgamesh, was just one of those people that go "you watch big brother, your sad, i'm cool" but then he/she said that he was calling people that watch it all the time losers (or whatever word you want to use), and I must say I agree.

What's so hard to understand about what they're saying???

the jew wrote:
    Your point is pretty much useless. At first I thought Gilgamesh, was just one of those people that go "you watch big brother, your sad, i'm cool" but then he/she said that he was calling people that watch it all the time losers (or whatever word you want to use), and I must say I agree.

What's so hard to understand about what they're saying???
    Huh?

Look at his first post.

then his second
    Gilgamesh wrote:
    yet he watches the Apprentice, another reality TV show.

Then when he's called up on being out of order for saying the things he's said he changes his statement to read that he only mean't that it was people that watch it 24/7 (no one's gonna argue with that) but he only done it because he didn't want to be called a Troll, which he is!!

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Grease up the flamethrowers if you like but I happen to think that the best thing in big brother is vanessa. dont know but i have a thing for girls with glasses. ;):confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Tiffany

The tasks are cool, but apart from that nothing really. Although these new housemates seem alot more interesting than the current ones.

Advertisement