Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Keeping a 6 & a 10 yr old nephew amused ...

Options
  • 22-06-2005 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Will be taking them out for a day ... any ideas ?
    Suggestions much appreciated ... outdoor activity preferred but a rainy day option may be needed too ! Thanks. (Dublin city/county)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

Has to be the zoo! Get the number 10 bus from the left side of O'Connell st as you're standing with you're back to the bridge. It will drop you right to Phoenix park. There is also a great playground in the park, but the zoo will keep them both amused for hours. Bring comfortable shoes and raincoats.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If it gets to a panic in the last hour, just fill them with choclate .... then sweet revenge.

AaaaRRRrr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

dead stuffed animals,

honest

the natural history musem, on merrion square, and you can take them to look
    at some ofthe stuff in the national gallery and in the middle of the square is a park and a play ground. cost less then the zoo and is in doors, colins barrack musem is good too.

dead things and soldiers they will have a field day.
    Not mc D's , eddie rockets is better and they will sit longer.

and you can walk them into dublin castle and st sephens green and there is a play ground there too.

if these dont suit let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Thaed wrote:
    dead stuffed animals,
    For a minute there I thought you were going to suggest the public gallery of the Dail - also on Merrion Square :D

causal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭guest31

Thank you Shaba and Thaed ('nice one' Causal!) ! I think they've been to the zoo loads, so maybe something different - the National History sounds great ... they're real into dinosaurs ... I havn't been there in years, is there anything to do with dinosaurs there ?? ! They can run about Merrion Square afterwards to burn energy ... may pack a picnic too, hmmm, easy on the chocolate tho' !

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wax Musem?
    Its good crack and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

guest31 wrote:
    Thank you Shaba and Thaed ('nice one' Causal!) ! I think they've been to the zoo loads, so maybe something different - the National History sounds great ... they're real into dinosaurs ... I havn't been there in years, is there anything to do with dinosaurs there ?? ! They can run about Merrion Square afterwards to burn energy ... may pack a picnic too, hmmm, easy on the chocolate tho' !
    There aren't any dinosaurs, but there are these MASSIVE prehistoric deer skeletons that really impress our toddler, the lions and gorrillas upstairs are good too.

btw, went to see the field museum in Chicago with the kiddy while we were over there- unbelievable. Brilliant. It has the largest t-rex skeleton ever found and a huge brachiosaur.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭rugbug86

Cabaal wrote:
    Wax Musem?
    Its good crack and all that
    closing down soon!
    relocating to smithfield

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Thaed wrote:
    dead stuffed animals,
    Be aware, also dead people.

Advertisement