Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wall Bracket for Tevion 32" LCD TVs?

Options
  • 22-06-2005 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Purchased a Tevion 32" LCD TV from ALDI a couple of weeks ago during their €1099 sale. TV great ... however, having serious issues trying to order the wall bracket required to mount it.

- Rang hotline number provided with TV - 1800 992 508 - and was told by English sounding rep. that I couldn't order wall bracket over phone - had to order online or by filling in the order form and sending to the UK. This contradicted the info on the order form, I told him this - "tough nanas" was the reply more or less.

- I visited the Medion web site, suppliers of the wall bracket - http://www.medion.co.uk. Quite dodgy looking site and wasn't fully confident of purchasing from them. However, they did seem to offer an "Eire" version of the wall bracket I needed so I went ahead and ordered. The ordering process was dodgy with a definite UK bias to the data entry. However, it went through and I received an email confirming the order from Medion.

- Then I receive an email from them this morning saying they can't fulfill the order as they don't ship to Ireland. The rep helpfully then pointed me to a new website where I could buy "maps" from Medion and excited me by telling me it was a new site and I would be one of the FIRST people to use it!!

Apart from needing a map to find their offices to deliver a lorry-load of horse manure, I didn't see my requirement for this.

Has anybody else suffered the same nonsense and got a solution for me?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

What size bracket does it take? I think there are 2 types of brackets 70mm/100mm, and then any generic bracket should fit it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sensate

got lovely mail from medion this morning apologising for original email.

they had made a mistake and do indeed ship these brackets to eire.

thanks ...

Advertisement