Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Owen Wilson...best actor?

• 22-06-2005 12:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

I’ve only seen a few of his movies so far (Rushmore, Wedding Crasher, Zoolander), but I’m really turning into a fan of this guy. They interviewed him in playboy this month and I think his best line was when he compared picking up women at weddings to fishing with dynamite (unfortunately for my single, female friends he wasn’t a guest at our wedding!) From a female’s point of view, he’s a pretty smart guy with lots of great points for the single men out there. Anyone else like him, or catch this interview?

Katy

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Einstein

cool...wish my girlfriend read playboy :D

On the issue though, I like Owen Wilson, think he's pretty cool too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

he always seems to play the same character though...the chilled dude...was glad he played something new in the life aquatic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

i think he's excellent, He had a more serious role in "Behind Enemy Lines", Now thats a great flick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

"Behind Enemy Lines" was a good show but I was at a pre-viewing of it and nearly everyone said Tom Cruise in Top Gun ending.......was class in Zoolander and Shanghai Knights....which is abit of a classic at this stage

Also liked him in Armageddon but that one of my fav films for easy watching....

This thing is who is the chick with the red hair? is it that one that was in Summer Bay years ago?? goes out with Ali G now or something? looks very like her!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Always thought he was a fantastic actor!

Excellent.. and quite underrated considering he did actually co-write "Rushmore"!
    Big Nelly wrote:
    This thing is who is the chick with the red hair? is it that one that was in Summer Bay years ago?? goes out with Ali G now or something? looks very like her!!
    Yeah, that's Isla Fisher who was in Home & Away a few years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Behind Enemy Lines, good? haahahah!

Entertaining rubbish for the first three quarters, and then one of the most cringeworthy and truly awful endings I've ever seen in a film...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Possibly one of the most annoying actors of our generation.

Whats up with his nose?

Cock Nose

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Broke it when he was young afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

kaids wrote:
    Behind Enemy Lines, good? haahahah!

Entertaining rubbish for the first three quarters, and then one of the most cringeworthy and truly awful endings I've ever seen in a film...

Easy viewing I call it.....great for a Sunday when your dying with a hangover....dont need to get into any plot or anything....just watch the action!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Entertaining rubbish?

I agree, its a superb film!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't think he's that good, he always seems to be playing the same character in all of his films

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

bazH wrote:
    Whats up with his nose?

I think it adds character. His brother (Luke) has a strange look about him aswell but it just makes them both more interesting.

I like Owen Wilson, but he makes bad choices in films sometimes. He's great in any Wes Anderson film he's in (and co-wrote some of them), but the action films? Urghhh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 destroyhumans!!

yeah he is a good actor outside of comedy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Not only is he a good actor, he *seems* (hard to tell without actually spending time with the chap) like a really nice person, as does his brother Luke. They told a nice story on the Tonight Show one time about how they lived in the same house in LA, both started raking in the cash, one of them bought his own place, yet 6 months later hadn't bothered to move out yet! Seems they get along together very well, down-to-earth and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I've always thought one of the best actors is Vince Vaughn.. man is an absolute genius!

Is always fantastic in both dramatic (see 'Return To Paradise') and comedic (see 'Swingers', 'Old School' etc) roles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

koneko wrote:
    I like Owen Wilson, but he makes bad choices in films sometimes. He's great in any Wes Anderson film he's in (and co-wrote some of them), but the action films? Urghhh.
    I suspect he's working on the Jean Reno principle - Wes Anderson movies pay for the house, crappy action movies pay for the swimming pool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Absolutely (William H. Macey is the same), I just don't enjoy them at all (Shanghai Noon and I-Spy, *shudder*).

But even then, I just looked over the list of films he's done, and there's more good than bad (the Wes Anderson ones, Starsky and Hutch, Zoolander, Meet The Parents, Cable Guy), so he's doing pretty well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Behind Enemy Lines GOOD - ROFLOL please keep em coming !!!!

Owen Wilson is ok, he is good in Wes Anderson films (and I love his films) but just look at the cast in those films all excellent actors how could he but not put in a good performance. Beyond that he seems to be typecast in moronic comedy films where he annoys the hell outta me.

There are far more talented actors out there that I would rate far higher than Mr. Wilson !!!

Advertisement