Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cillian Murphy the next big Irish "Thing"?

• 22-06-2005 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

So I was just looking at the Quicktime trailer site and I seen a new moving coming out with Cillian Murphy in it. Its called "Redeye" But this sparked the thought that the same thing happened to Colin Farrell. He was in every other movie that came out for a year and then died down a bit. I was just thinking, Do you Think that Cillian Murphy is going to be the next Colin Farrell? One thing I have noticed is that you dont hear anything about Cillian when he is out on the town so to speak. Unlike that gobshíté Colin.

Dont get me wrong, as an Actor I think Cillian Murphy is great and its good to see some young Irish talent getting in on the big screens. I was just wondering what people think of him.

In Batman Begins, I'd have liked him to have gotten more screen time. He had far to little. But what he did have, he done very well. I thought Intermission was a great movie. Even though Colin Farrell was in it. (Lets face it, he has only been good in two things. Phone booth and Scrubs)
    28 Days later was a good movie (if not a little bit done to death already) (no pun intended)

So what do ye think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

He was in the Last 4 For batman which is good to be fair, Disco Pigs was a Very Good film, I think he will go very far i no his Sister I must get the info what he has planned etc. She did tell me a few months back that he is in a film staring as a trasnsexual?And with regards to nothing about him being out in the Town i dunno i would say he is a bit more mature he is married.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

He was in the Last 4 For batman which is good to be fair

do you mean he was in the last 4 choice to play batman, or for the scarecrow role?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

He was in the last 4-5 i think it was 4 to play Batman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

well he's certainly not 'big'. Stood beside him in a chemist and he's about 5'5"!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

When I saw him in 28 Days Later I thought he was cool, but that's it. Then the other day in Batman Begins you really notice him. He looked pretty. I don't mean handsome, or attractive, or grrr rugged yarrrr man, but PRETTY. It was bizarre.

But yeah I think he has a bright future ahead of him, and Colin Farrell has already put down the groundwork for the Irish-hunk-appeal, so that makes it easier. He's the next Colin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

Ah sweet little Cillian, ain't he a dote?!

I think he looks like the guy who plays Clarke in Smallville (I know it's sad; him indoors makes me watch! ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

28 Days Later was class....going to see Batman tonite so will see but heard he was good.,.....if you actually look through the whole of batman there is over 15 Irish actors in there,.....dont know names but was assured its true....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭disillusioned

think batman was filmed in UK which would explain the volume of irish actors

think batman was filmed in UK which would explain the volume of irish actors

Well car was made there...was on TopGear last week....US companies said it couldnt be done!!

Watched the trailer a few days ago and just watched again there.....one of the best looking films from the trailers on Apple.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

He'll be in a sequel - 28 Weeks Later - was mentioned in the Irish Times recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

Ah sweet little Cillian, ain't he a dote?!

I think he looks like the guy who plays Clarke in Smallville .

thought the same thing when I first seen cillian muphy.

Thats interesting about him up for the batman role, would be interesting to see his screentest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

well he would be a better choice for the irish actor to put in the public eye rather than that git colin farrell. i hate him!! cillian murphy is an excellent actor imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

sutty wrote:
    Do you Think that Cillian Murphy is going to be the next Colin Farrell?
    A talented and likeable one possibly. He has the skill. Disco Pigs was a little bland for my taste but I recognise it's a good film with a fine Murphy performance.

Maybe he'll become an "in" actor like Paul Giametti (spelling could be wrong) instead of a blockbuster idiot like Farrell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

SofaKing wrote:
    He'll be in a sequel - 28 Weeks Later - was mentioned in the Irish Times recently.
    It's a pity he wasn't in the prequel

That just had Sandra Bullock in it and barely any zombies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

hahahhahahahahhahahahahahhaa

:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Ya I think he was really good in Batman Begins but didn't get in the movie a lot. Hope to see more of him in the future.
    Ah sweet little Cillian, ain't he a dote?! .

What's a "dote?"

It's a pity he wasn't in the prequel

That just had Sandra Bullock in it and barely any zombies.

Only zombie was Sandra........Speed 3 anyone???? :D

Advertisement