Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband Download Limit

• 22-06-2005 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭

I could swear there was no limit on the Irish Broadband Breeze 1MB product when I looked at their website a couple of weeks ago. I now notice a 30GB limit. Does anyone know if this cap is new or was it always there?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It's new since they introduced the 2M product. The 2M product is basically an upgraded version of the old 1M product (same price, no cap etc) and they have introduced a new 1M product (cheaper with cap). Search this forum for any IBB Upgrade thread and you'll find all you could want to know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Hey 30GB cap and symmetrical 1Mbit/s isnt too bad.

For €36 thats not too bad at all if youre interested in their generous upload speed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

if you are paying 48.40€ a month you should be on a 2Mb connection + they dont charge just screw up ur connection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

New product new limits, but 30gb is huge ! look at Eircom and BT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

So is there a download/upload cap on the 2Mb, or is it just the 1Mb?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

2meg is completely unlimited. No cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Drapper wrote:
    New product new limits, but 30gb is huge ! look at Eircom and BT
    30G is hardly huge, and is only 6G off what BT allow (though it is cheaper). On the plus side, I hear that IBB don't and won't charge for breaching this cap, only recommend you switch to one of the higher packages if you are consistently over the cap by a large amount. At least that's waht they said to a friend of mine who just signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Adey2002

if you are paying 48.40€ a month you should be on a 2Mb connection + they dont charge just screw up ur connection

I'm still paying 48 for my 512k/8/1 even though I upgraded to the 1Mb way before they announced the upgrade to 2Mb. I still haven't been upgraded to the 2Mb. Although just having the 1Mb connection working properly would make me happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

2meg aint unlimited for me!

ive been limited to 1meg speeds for the last 10 days without really hitting the downloading particularly hard at all-the only time i took stuff down was late at night and i was only using about 1/5th or 1/6th of the available bw so really dissapointed-a number of emails have been ignored by cs so will have to give them a ring when i get some spare time...

Advertisement