Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who to go with?

• 22-06-2005 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I had a phone line out in my old flat in Rathmines, and I hated having it as we hardly ever used it and ended up paying a fortune every month for things like line rental etc!
    I have since moved out to Balbriggan (quite a move!), and I want to get broadband into the flat, but I'm not interested in having a phone, but I will have to get a phone line in, in order to have access to broadband.

Unfortunately as with many new complexes I can't errect a satellite dish or wireless aerial, so I'll have to go with DSL. My question is, what are my best options to go for, in terms of providers? I only want a basic broadband connection, and I don't want to be hit with hidden charges for all sorts of rental etc.

Many thanks for any help given.
    Liam

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Well eo980 there is only one choice for you....BT Broadband.

€49.99 a month for PROPER Broadband and line rental.

As long as they dont install a phone(no rental) or extra RJ-11 sockets(more rental) then you should be nice and happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,014 ✭✭✭✭Stark

You could try NTL if it's available in your area.

From €25 (1MBit/s, 12GB cap)- €45(3Mbit/s, 40GB cap) a month for broadband. Very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Or find out if you can get NTL, then you have no line rental and a combi TV/BROADBAND package.
    <damn you stark> :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,998 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Thanks guys for the feedback. Unfortunately NTL haven't quite reached the depths of balbriggan just yet, so juliuspret, BT broadband is looking like the option to go for. I don't have a phone, nor am I connected to any phone line at the moment. Do I need a connection with Eircom before I can give Esat BT a ring may I ask?
    My apologies for my newbiness. A long long time ago I had broadband once, for 2 years actually, , but it was a very straightforward affair as the old flat already had a phoneline and there were 4 of us there.

Advertisement