Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£470 GeForce 7800 GTX Shipping today

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

WizZard wrote:
    Won't boot/work when they go below freezing/-25°C

i though amd fixed that bug with after the winchesters , no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭airetam_storm

25 degrees or minis 25 degrees?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

minus 25°C

How the funk do you manage that?

How the funk do you manage that?

phasechange, its basically a gascooled cooler for ur cpu, lol

• Advertisement

Cool what sorta temps could you hit?
    What sorta gas is used?
    How much would it cost to get my hands on one and would it be hard?

Cool what sorta temps could you hit?
    What sorta gas is used?
    How much would it cost to get my hands on one and would it be hard?

the head on it gets to -50 celcius. Dont knnow what gas it uses, probably the same as freezers. It cost me about 600 or 700 euros for the cooler and a matching pc case, u can order them in from mainland europe or england - http://www.extremeprometeia.com/
    theres 1 place

Does it need to be refilled with gas every now and again?

Does it need to be refilled with gas every now and again?

no, its like a fridge, u shou;dnt ever have to fill it up with gas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

airetam.... I've been talking to you about Vapochills/Machs in school before..... Memory like a sieve, lol.

www.extreme-prometeia.co.uk if you want to see some prices that will make you cry. I dont know if theyre the cheapest or dearest around but either way they'll let oyu know that they're too expensive. They absolutely suck down electricity too. Something with 200W of cooling is going to take an awful lot of electricity to make that 200W of cold. Think 400watt-ish ?

• Advertisement

airetam.... I've been talking to you about Vapochills/Machs in school before..... Memory like a sieve, lol.

www.extreme-prometeia.co.uk if you want to see some prices that will make you cry. I dont know if theyre the cheapest or dearest around but either way they'll let oyu know that they're too expensive. They absolutely suck down electricity too. Something with 200W of cooling is going to take an awful lot of electricity to make that 200W of cold. Think 400watt-ish ?

i never noticed an increase in my electricity bill since i started using it in my old flat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

They do draw a lot of power though, theres not denying it. Refrigerators are horribly inefficient and if they provide 200w of cooling im guessing that at 50% efficiency they must draw around 400w ? Does it have an amp rating on it?

They do draw a lot of power though, theres not denying it. Refrigerators are horribly inefficient and if they provide 200w of cooling im guessing that at 50% efficiency they must draw around 400w ? Does it have an amp rating on it?

i never checked, but it only really draws power when the compressor kicks in initially, the compressor doesnt run all the time only really on boot then it runs on less power just to maintain low temp

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Cold bug problem is reputed to be back in the new X2's. And also the new 7800GTX's!

WizZard wrote:
    Cold bug problem is reputed to be back in the new X2's. And also the new 7800GTX's!

thats suks ass, damn i was hoping to get an X2 4400 and stick it in the mach II , there goes that plan

WizZard wrote:

u sure? these guys were using it on vapo's and getting 3ghz on the 4800

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=62525&page=3&pp=25

Ah mr. F you changed your name?

Altheus is selling his here
    V reasonable too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Billy Kovachy

Based on past experience, what are the chances of something like an x800XL dropping in price over the next 24hours?

From tomshardware.com
    http://graphics.tomshardware.com/graphic/20050621/nvidia_7800-01.html
    Dean McCarron, an analyst with Mercury Research. However, McCarron pointed out that the $599 card (suggested retail) continues an upward trend of graphics card pricing. While especially the mass market sweetspots recently climbed to $40-$60 cards as well as to the low to mid $200 on the higher end, he said that higher prices on the high end would support also higher prices in the mid-range.

Advertisement