Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Molten Core

Options
  • 22-06-2005 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭

So I'm a 60 mage on US server Mannoroth and I'm bored. The only thing left for me to do is Molten Core, Kazzak and friends. Does anyone have any advice on what to do when you have 90% of the blues you want. I'm also a Knight Captain Rank 8 pvp, but now that the rank is so hard to maintain (without draining copious amounts of time pvping) I'll leave it to decay. The rewards are nice don't get me wrong, but having to constantly pvp doesn't fill me with excitement.

So anyone with Molten Core xp give me a breakdown on whats involved etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's a good laugh, but takes organisation. CTRAID_Assist is a must, and Ventrilo (imho). 40 people go in, kill high lvl mobs and bosses (who drop epics).

This guild has some useful info (and mods) on their site:

http://conquest.teamgbu.com/strats/moltencore/Map.php

It's a good time to start the quests in Azshara from the water lord guy Hydraxis (the later ones are in MC,) so you can make sure you have enough people in the guild with the water, so you can summon Ragnaros when you get to that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Wow cool site koneko! Will have to do much research on there and they've got some vids too. Thanx :)

I did a lot of farming on the elementals in sithilus so I think I can get the Hydraxis quest guy now. The quest rewards are a bit sucky considering who u have to kill to get it.

I hear fire resistance is important down there, does it make much of a difference how much u have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Not really, FR is nice.. but sacrificing other stats for it isn't great, and you'd need a LOT of FR to make a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Yeah, as Neo says, the +5 fire resistance on something isn't going to make much difference tbh. As a mage you have your fire shield anyway (pop that up when you can), and don't draw aggro (but you'll know how to do that all anyway because you've been doing instances). A LOT of int will come in handy so wear set gear instead of PVP gear. Some of the fights are really long and you'll run out of mana several times.

Another thing is that you can conjure both your mana ruby and your older mana stones, I usually have the ruby and the citrine ready (there's a cool down, but it's handy in long fights). Seeing as you have a PVP rank of 8 you can get into the officers's quarters, buy the potions there, they're cheap and handy to have (but only stack in 5, blegh).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

You can ignore FR for everything except Ragnaros.. when you get to him, you're going to be looking for every little bit you can get. I'm currently at 123 FR unbuffed and that's without sacrificing anything. My target is 173 though, for those extra 50 points I'll have to start wearing crappier gear.

• Advertisement
Advertisement