Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Image/Photo Galleries

Options
  • 22-06-2005 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,
    I would like to implement a photo gallery on my site. I'm not sure what the best option here is. Is there any site that you can simply put a code onto a page and it will load whats on that site? An example is here where I just put a code onto my page and it loads a page hosted on another site. It would also be handy if users could upload their own photos.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

If you have a PHP host you can slap this up:

http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

I have it working here:

http://www.fanahanscollege.com/gallery.html

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I dont think you'll find what you're looking for with something that you can just include on an existing page unless you're prepared to pay for it (and even then I don't know of any paid for services like that). Perhaps try goneshootins suggestion, although I'd want to know where the catch is. Why would they do that for free??

I'm guessing the motivation behind your example page is spreadshirt.net take a cut on each item sold. Hence they don't mind being an iFrame on your own site.

There are many scripts (free and paid for) that will do what I think you're looking for but they are all likely to require PHP/mysql and a certain level of competency/knowledge/understanding of both.

If you're not comfortable with any of the above, I'd reccommend a quick, "who'd like to earn €xx/€xxx for installing/integrating" post on an appropriate forum.

And before I'm accused of pimping, no, that wouldn't be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

If you have photoshop you can create a html based image gallery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Ianaldo

Go to http://www.macromedia.com, there are some nice tutorials there with Dreamweaver that may help you create a photogallery that will help upload pictures aswell, but you may have to set up a database to store those images or a path to the image in the database, where the image is uploaded to a folder on your server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

If you have a PHP host you can slap this up:

http://gallery.menalto.com/index.php

I have it working here:

http://www.fanahanscollege.com/gallery.html

gallery.menalto.com is an excellent gallery, also there is a component you can download from Mamboforge which will allow you to integrate it to your CMS.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

is there any way you can tell from looking at poker.ie if all these suggestions will work? I'm not toooo sure of what's being spoken about here :o

Do you want to open up poker.ie on your page, while the user is still on your site, is that what your tryin to do??

Ianaldo wrote:
    Do you want to open up poker.ie on your page, while the user is still on your site, is that what your tryin to do??

huh? As a wise man once said .. " i can't gettin on no plane" or no wait, wrong qoute...er....erm....let's see...Ah Yes..."whata talkin about fool"?

..."whata talkin about fool"?

Not sure really, im tryin to understand what cormie is tryin to do, fool :)

• Advertisement

Cormie check out JALBum, its free to download. It can create an online image gallery easily enough, its got a drag and drop interface, which is always nice! And they also have tutorials on the site to help you get started.

www.jalbum.net

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Ianaldo wrote:

Basically I just want it like this page. See the way it says "powered by spreadshirt" and there are images of t-shirts? Well if these images were thumbnails of photos which you could click to see the bigger one, and instead of it being powered by spreadshirt it would be powered by another place, this other place is what I am looking for :o

Thanks again for all the help. I'm not too sure what my best option is.

EDIT: Just had a quick look at Jalbum and it looks pretty good. I've actually been on a website before that has used the "Vertical" album style. I like it. Now... how would I go about implementing this onto my site. I have to edit the site through a backend system that has something to do with mamboforge.net I think? Do I just copy a code into the page I want it on and it will do the rest? Do you know where the images must be hosted with Jalbum?

Advertisement